Louis Mechanical Contractors Inc

A 161 Reviews

Founded 1960 • Angie's List since August 2007

PO Box 15342

Baton Rouge, LA 70895

From our inception in 1960, Louis Mechanical has upheld and maintained the principles on which Louis Mechanical was founded. Honesty, integrity, attention to detail, and dedication to our customers are the basic principles of business on which our founders built this business. We have always taken pride in our trusted field employees, and due to an excellent working relationship with Plumbers and Steamfitters Local 198, we have always been able to ensure our customers the best craftsmen that this area has to offer. Our service technicians, supervisors, foremen, journeymen, apprentices, and laborers all take pride in their work. We have enjoyed over 60 years in business, and along the way we have made many friends. Hopefully, you too will join that ever-growing list....

plumbers (150)drain cleaning (22)water heaters (16)gas leak repair (10)sewer cleaning (3)HVAC Companies (3)small appliance repair (1)handyman (1)
C

11/05/2020

Did not happen. It was scheduled 3 days in advance, but I was late returning a confirmatory phone call. I called at 5:00 PM, but no one was there. I did leave a message giving them the OK to come in the morning. I called again early the next morning, when the workers did not show at 7:30. I was informed that I was taken off the schedule due to the communication issue and asked if I wanted to resch...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair faucets and replace trim in shower.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/29/2020

D

07/10/2019

Tim, the repairman, arrived within a day of my call to schedule a visit. We had hoped that the problem was a bad thermocouple but his diagnosis was that the gas valve wouldn't open. We accepted his recommendation, in light of the heaters age, to replace the heater. LM took about 2 days to get pricing together and gave us an estimate of about $1500+ all in. I felt that was higher than expected. So,...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
19 YEAR OLD HOT WATER HEATER WASN'T WORKING

CATEGORY water heater repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/10/2019

We certainly hate to hear that you were not completely satisfied with our services. Since our inception in 1960, we have prided ourselves with the fact that the majority of our customers are satisfied, repeat customers. We are sincerely sorry that you are not one of them.

06/30/2019

The contacted me via Angie's list and said they would get back to me during the week. I emailed on a weekend. After reading multiple reviews about the company not calling I made sure to answer the email with my cell phone number. NO CALL EVER!!!!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I asked for someone to unclog an air conditioning drain.

CATEGORY heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing,drain cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/30/2019

03/18/2019

Went good came out when called got estimate quickly and came out at my convenience to do repair

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Rerun hot water line

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/18/2019

Thank you for the comment. We are glad to have been of service to you and look forward to having you as a long-time customer!

03/06/2019

I asked for a quote though this site. Louis Mechanical Contractors called the same day and listened while I explained the problem. They scheduled for next day. The guy called to let me know he's on way. He showed up on time and it took him an hour to find out what's wrong and fixed the problem. The only thing that bother me is the service bill is a bit pricey but worth it. A week later, I received...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
shower drain clogged

CATEGORY plumbing,drain cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/28/2019

10/03/2018

Job was done well. My only complaint is that I requested that a leak in the quarter-turn valves under the bathroom sink be repaired. These valves were replaced with lower-quality compression valves. Since I'd had the quarter-turn valves installed by another plumber specifically for the benefits, this was disappointing. On the whole they did a reasonable job.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
installation of tub/shower faucet, repair sink leak and cap two gas heaters

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/26/2018

09/30/2018

I didn't even receive a call from them. I was very disappointed.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
tub valve was leaking, sink and toilet were slow.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/23/2018

I offer my sincere apologies. After discussing with our receptionist and dispatcher, I was given the work order that was written up for your service call. Unfortunately, your phone number was not taken when the call came in. Our receptionist tried, to no avail, to find a phone number for you. She was hoping that you would call back because we had no way to contact you. This is why you never receiv...
C

09/04/2018

Appointment set for Monday 8/27/18. Office was to call Friday to confirm. NO CALL. Monday morning we called, no reason or apology given. Appointment rescheduled for Wednesday. Office was to call Tuesday to confirm, NO CALL. My daughter is very patient; I would have told them to forget it, but she called back Wednesday to check time and was told they would not be coming. An appointment was schedule...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Short pipe under kitchen sink leaking. Flapper in toilet needed to be replaced. Lavatory (sink) in bathroom stopped up. Shower head dripping.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/30/2018

08/16/2018

Jack, from Louis Mechanical, arrived very early in the morning after calling me to with a heads up that he was on the way. He was VERY professional and helpful. I will definitely contact Louis Mechanical Contractors for any future plumbing issues. The price was very reasonable.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had a hot water pipe valve leak and also a running toilet.

CATEGORY plumbing,water heater repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/16/2018

Thank you for the review. We are so happy to have you as a customer and look forward to servicing you again soon!

06/26/2018

Work completed quickly and correctly

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repairs to water heater and a toilet

CATEGORY plumbing,water heater repair,drain cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/05/2018

Plumbing - repairs, faucets & fixtures, water & gas leaks, sewer & drain cleaning, sewer & water line replacement, backflow preventer repairs/installs/certifications, water heater service & installation, tankless water heater service and installation, video pipe inspection.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check