Murray Calloway County Hospital

Angie's List since June 2012

B Rated | 5 Reviews

09/24/2013

quick painless efficient

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
out patient mammogram

CATEGORY hospitals,urgent care center

01/07/2013

It's not finished, as I am likely to be on blood thinners for the rest of my life.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I have a monthly PT test because I take coumadin. I try to get there by 9 in the morning to avoid the crowds in the parking lot and outpatient lab after that hour. The lab is fairly efficient, with two people registering patients, then another wait in the waiting room, and three techs drawing blood in the lab itself. Most of the time I'm through in half an hour, but if something forces me to come later in the day it can run over an hour. The techs are willing to work with patients. In my case, I have tiny rolling veins in my elbows, which make the process long and painful. However, I have large veins on the backs of my hands, and the techs now use them to draw blood.

C

07/16/2012

They are just like any other hospital. They were right on the ball with the billing and administration.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I use Murray Calloway County Hospital as my general hospital

06/15/2012

The staff at Murray Hospital is amazing. Our daughter in law had a piece of meat lodged in her throat for over 24 hours, and when we got to the hospital she was scared and dehydrated and didn't know what to do. From the moment we walked in the door, the staff from the secretary to the nurses to the physicians assistant were all over the situation, comforting her and my son, and telling us step by ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Our daughter in law needed urgent medical attention due to an obstruction in her throat.

06/15/2012

Once the needs were accessed and the treatment decided, the nurse that was assigned to us, Brandy, was the absolute best! She became like a member of the family. She was so gentle and caring with mom, really cared, and answered all questions. She drew blood monthly, kept a close watch on her food intake, vital signs, and mental health. The physical therapist, Amber, was also wonderful! She was alw...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had a need for the Murray-Calloway Co Hospital's Home Health services. We needed help with my 89 yr. old mother that I am a caregiver for. They came out and accessed the situation first, determined the needs and began the treatments.