Sawyer Construction & Roofing

A 194 Reviews

Founded 1983 • Angie's List since January 2012

1115 S 4th St, 3rd Fl

Louisville, KY 40203

Serving LOUISVILLE & LEXINGTON areas. Insurance claim experts. Trained and certified roof inspector, both residential and commercial. Has your claim been denied? Did the insurance company only pay for patching your roof? Does your roof look like a checkerboard because of it? We specialize in re-inspections to ensure our customers are getting the proper reimbursement from their carrier. Re-inspections are free and you can rest assured upon our review it will be thorough and complete....

roofing (193)gutter installation (15)siding (9)chimney repair (6)chimney cap repair (6)skylight installation (2)

04/22/2020

These guys responded to my call the first day and came to my home the first day and patched the leak. They were exceptional to work with from start to finish. Dennis saw your has been doing business in Louisville for many decades and these guys did a fantastic job at a fantastic price and I could not be happier!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had a leak into my living room from a hole in my roof

CATEGORY roofing,chimney caps

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/01/2020

11/08/2019

Had an appointment scheduled 7 November and waited around an hour an no show and no call. I am pretty flexible so a simple phone call saying they couldnt make the appointment would have been a common courtesy. Wish I would have read the other reviews about there no show history.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Siding and roofing estimate

CATEGORY roofing,siding

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/07/2019

11/07/2018

I needed to have my roof and gutter replaced. Scheduled an appointment to have someone comes out to give me an estimate. Waited an hour. No show, no call. It was a beautiful, sunny day so weather was not the reason for the no-show. I never heard from Sawyer Roofing again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Estimate for roof and gutter replacement

CATEGORY gutter repair,roofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/30/2018

C

06/06/2018

was a no show for 1st appt. claimed they came and spoke with the woman of the house. no female there but the dog. rescheduled the the next morning to " come look again ". was 25 minutes late. he walked the roof, said they wouldn't be interested because the job wasn't big enough. they would be interested if i wanted to do all the gutters or whole roof. disappointed! wish description of company incl...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
had roof , gutter and beam damage following a tree limb hit. (15inch diameter - > 30 foot length )

CATEGORY gutter repair,roofing,chimney caps

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/06/2018

Photo for Sawyer Construction & Roofing - 1115 S 4th St, 3rd Fl, Louisville, KY - 37130962

I thank you for your review. I enjoyed talking with you about your experience with us. As I stated our representative went initially went to the wrong house and did return the following day. The representative should have stated more clearly there was no damage to the roof and because of the design of the roof (Hipped roof) the complete upper gutter system would need to be replaced and just a sect...
C

05/02/2018

They originally came out and inspected as they said they would and the representative was very nice. Then, they wanted a project manager to come by and look. After having to reschedule, he made it out and told me it would be a day or two before he could get me a price. This was 3 weeks ago and I still haven’t heard back. Everybody that I dealt with was very nice, but they have failed to get back t...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I have a roof leak and called Sawyer about getting an estimate for having it repaired.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/09/2018

Hello Mr. [Member Name Removed]. Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Everyone wants their reviews to be A+ but sometimes the ball gets dropped. I will take full responsibility for this as our team should have been more diligent in their follow up with you. Thank you for informing me of this problem and we will be in touch to see if there is a way to assuage your opinion of my company....

02/13/2018

It went pretty well. The only problem was getting the written warranty for my roof. I had to call several times and then ended up getting a warranty with someone else's name on it. Bottom line was that I did receive the written warranty. Then after the phone company had to go in the attic to run wires, he said that it was very hot in the attic. With a flashlight, I couldn't see the mesh that was o...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Roofing along with ice barrier and ridge vent

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/01/2017

Thank you for the great review. Please call if we can ever help.

02/10/2018

Excellent quality roofing installation. Salesman was somewhat over the top. Removed dormer siding without authorization costing me thousands not in the original plan. Had to forgo new windows as a result.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Roofing Shingles

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/22/2017

Thank you for your review. Your roof looks amazing. Part of the install of the new roof required the removal of the shingles that were used as siding on the walls of the dormers. This did require replacing those shingles in order that your new roof would not leak. The shingles on the dormer were extremely brittle, necessitating replacement. Please let us know if we can be of further help.

02/08/2018

Excellent! Job was completed in 4 hrs, and the cleanup was great

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace a flat roof

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/08/2017

One of the many things we stress to our crews is how critical a proper cleaning of the yard is to our service. Thank you for taking your valuable time to write a great review.

11/30/2017

excellent very professional, work was performed on schedule, quality work!!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
new roof after suffering hail damage

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/16/2017

Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad we could help return your home its pre-storm condition. Your new roof looks beautiful!

10/07/2017

They were extremely nice. Ultimately, what I needed done was not their expertise, but they were very helpful and brought representatives from a distribution company and really spent time to analyze my project, so I have nothing but good things to say about them. In the end, he was very straightforward and said the project that we had was not a project that they had the expertise to handle, so he d...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They gave me a bid. It was for roofing with tile over it.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/07/2017

Thank you for the great review! It was our pleasure to work with you and look forward to working with you again.

Commercial and residential Insurance inspection and reinspection, roof repair, new roof, tear off, siding, gutters, windows.

Check, Financing Available