CHENOWETH ANIMAL HOSPITAL

Founded 1985 • Angie's List since October 2008

Full service animal hospital with three veterinarians - Dr. Ann Nevils, Dr. Michelle Mattingly, Dr. Banks Douglass...

12/12/2016

We just moved to Louisville and feel so lucky to have found them. Wonderful caring vets. When our dog's foot broke, we saw them every week and we were impressed by the entire office. They are expensive but really not more than other vets.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
General vet services for our Havanese. Also, his foot broke and they took care of that.

10/11/2015

Saw on same day basis ; followed up three times at no additional cost. Ann Nevil DVM started this practice over 20 years ago.  She has built it up to the point that she has 2-3 additional vets whom she hand picked.  They also provide outstanding services. Ann LOVES animals and treats them like her children!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Treated serious eye infection of my cat giving oral antiobiotic, a shot with antibiotics, and eye drops without cost.  Saw on a same day we called.

04/30/2015

I've been using them for about twenty years.  She's really good about returning phone calls.  I just having my dog teeth cleaned and she picked up and had lymphoma and discovered before the dog really had symptoms.  They got the dog nearly on the occasion and she lived about two more years; she's about 12 yrs. old.  The staff is really compassionate.  They have a room with pillows to be with your ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My dog needed surgery.

03/11/2014

Dr. Ann Nevils is an outstanding veterinary physician. Her examination of Tigger was thoroughly and unhurried. She took the time to discuss his health problems and the "preventive maintenance" that is necessary for a middle aged cat. Also, her staff was extremely friendly both with me and in the way they handled Tigger. All in all, it couldn't have been a better experience.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Veterinary care for pet cat; administered innoculation

10/01/2013

All of my interactions with this vet have left me with a good feeling. They got me in late on a Friday when I called late Thursday with a sick dog, even though we had never been there. The vet was attentive and followed up by phone afterward to check on my dog. When I needed heartworm medication for my dogs but did not have records from my old vet in another state, they scheduled a quick tech visi...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They have seen one dog for a sick visit, done heartworm tests on both dogs, and recommended a boarding kennel.

CATEGORY veterinarian

PREVENTATIVE HEALTH CARE & VACCINATIONS, DIAGNOSTIC & LABORATORY SERVICES, EKG, DENTAL CLEANING & POLISHING, RADIOLOGY, ULTRASOUND, LASERY SURGERY, THERAPY LASER, NEUTERS, DECLAWS & SPAY, NON-ROUTINE SURGERIES, ALLERGY TESTING, HOMEAGAIN MICROCHIPS, NUTRITIONAL COUNSELING, BEHAVIORAL COUNSELING, PRESCRIPTION DIETS, JEFFERSON COUNTY RABIES LICENSES, HOSPITALIZATION & MEDICAL BOARDING.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check