Barnes Auto Service

Founded 1982 • Angie's List since March 2010

Not Rated| 26 Reviews

Barnes Auto Service is Louisville's favorite family owned and operated Auto Repair center. Whether on the racetrack or off, the staff at Barnes Auto Service are proven winners and are committed to providing the best service available. With over 30 years of experience and a family atmosphere, we strive to give personal service and treat each of our customers with honesty and integrity. Come and join the winning team at Barnes Auto Service for your vehicle repair and maintenance needs. Family owned & operated....

JOHN OVERLEY AUTOMOTIVE

WE HAVE BEEN IN BUSINESS SINCE 1990, OFFERING TOP QUALITY PROFESSIONAL AUTOMOTIVE SERVICE AND REPAIR. WE OFFER A 2 YEAR / 24,000 MILE PART AND LABOR WARRANTY ON MOST REPAIRS.

12/29/2016

I have a '98 car. These guys are auto-racers, so I figured they ought to know a car. I just take it down there because my car is a '98 and things are going to wear out on it. Whatever happens they take care of it. I know that they know what they're doing. It was a father and son who were both race car drivers so they certainly know a car. If I want my side-view mirror replaced, they don't do it, b...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
General check-up, oil change, air-filter change, fluids checked, checked the gaskets, freon filled.

08/08/2016

Have always provided reliable and very honest suggestions! With all auto repairs there were times something went wrong or did not get fixed correctly. They were always very open to correcting the problem. Most impressed with them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My family and i have had our vehicles mostly serviced by Chuck and Keith here for many years.

07/09/2016

Barnes first suspected malfunctioning clutch fan. Replaced. Truck still wanting to run hot. Looked further and discovered 28 yr old radiator completely gunked up. Replaced. Now running cool as a cucumber! They even cut radiator in half to show me the sludge that had built up over the years! Barnes was out of 4-5 shops I checked with who would even mess with the truck due to it's age.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Put new clutch fan and radiator into 1988 Toyota Pickup.

CATEGORY

04/21/2015

I spent $2200. They are a really nice and friendly but it took them a second visit for both vehicles for them to get it right. If you call they will schedule a date for you and they will get the job promptly done for you when you show up as scheduled. I just wish they would have gotten it right the first time. That would've  been better.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We used Barnes Auto Service maybe 6 weeks ago to have them put in a new starter on my truck and did the brakes on my car.

CATEGORY auto repair

Thank you, (removed member name) for your review & I agree that you should NOT have had a problem with the FICM that we installed (along with the starter) on your Expedition. You had to bring it back 2 weeks later for us to replace the FICM & I apologize for that (warrantied out at no charge of course). We try to buy the best quality parts & in this case they came from the dealer - so that you don...

04/23/2014

Work was done in a timely and professional manner. Very satisfied with repair service.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Checked engine for an oil leak, called with a quote, and repaired. Its been over 1300 miles and no oil drips on engine or garage floor.

CATEGORY auto repair

Auto & truck repair, air bag systems, brakes, diagnostics, drive train, engines, four wheel drive, maintenance, shocks & struts, tune-ups, welding, fleet, diesels, air conditioning, clutches, drivability, electrical repairs, exhaust, fuel injection, oil change, timing belts, water pumps, inspections & fabricating.

Body work.