Gilkey Windows of Central KY

A 70 Reviews

Founded 1978 • Angie's List since June 2008

377 E New Circle Road

Lexington, KY 40505

Physical Address: 377 E New Circle Rd Lexington, KY 40505 Additional Contact: Jon Interest free financing available...

window replacement (62)door installation (13)egress window (4)blinds and curtain (3)siding (1)

11/01/2019

The sales people were very responsive and answered our multiple questions. I particularly appreciated that they sold me on their product and didn’t do pressure sales. The windows were installed without difficulty and they have made our home so much quieter and more well insulated.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace all windows in the home

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/12/2019

11/01/2019

Excellent service and products . Jon is a very fair person and is great to work with. I highly recommend working with Gilkey.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New windows and door. Fixed a broken window.

CATEGORY egress windows,replacement windows,doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/11/2019

10/31/2018

Very pleased with the quality of the doors, the excellent installation and timeliness of the work done. Would definitely hire more work as needed.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We replaced 2 exterior doors and 1 storm door

CATEGORY doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/31/2018

10/31/2018

Great. No high pressure sales or lies about their products like two competitors did. Prices were comparable for a superior product.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace windows for entire house.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/11/2018

10/30/2018

Jon and the installation crew were very professional. Our home was built in 1955 and still had the original doors and windows. We decided on the Gilkey triple pane double hung windows and ProVia doors to stop the cold winter drafts, blazing hot summer heat, and the noise from the roads. The difference is remarkable. We looked at other window companies but Gilkey construction looked the best to us....

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replacement windows and exterior doors

CATEGORY egress windows,replacement windows,doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/30/2018

10/30/2018

The majority of the windows were replaced on time, on budget and look great. Jonathan helped me redesign the two double hung front windows to create a much improved look with a picture window and two side basement windows. I couldn't be more thrilled with the result!! Thanks. We will certainly use this company, again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace old Pella windows that were rotted

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/16/2018

10/29/2018

We have been very happy with all of the windows, doors and shutters that Gilkey has installed. Jon Dugan is always professional and very easy to work with. Installers always do a great job. We highly recommend Gilkey. Would definitely use them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Windows, doors and outdoor shutters

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/15/2018

04/02/2018

Jon was very responsive, respectable and responsible in educating us and keeping us informed every step of the way. We considered several window companies and chose Gilkey because they offered a better selection of products and are a local husband and wife team that has been in business for over 40 years. Plus, they have a great rating on Angie's List and with the BBB. Their installers we also ver...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We needed 3 sets of casement windows replaced.

CATEGORY egress windows,replacement windows

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/02/2018

Photo for Gilkey Windows of Central KY - 377 E New Circle Road, Lexington, KY - 36947856

10/29/2017

Gilkey provided top notch customer service, competitive pricing and timely installation. It was a trouble-free experience. Would definitely recommend them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replacement windows and window modification for egress.

09/21/2017

He arrived within the hour just as he had said. He was very professional, and what really blew my mind, he installed my windows, took time to show me what he did, and how he did it, so in the future I could do it myself. I gave them an A in each of the Review categories, and they deserved it.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed professional widow service quickly for hanging double hung TRACO windows that had been recently repaired. Heavy rains were predicted. I spoke with Jon, who listened, asked a few questions, and said he'd be at our house within the hour, and he was. I'd never done business with him or his company before, but #1 on my list now

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/06/2017