ROD'S HOME IMPROVEMENTS-RODNEY BARNES

Awards & Badges

Award 2019

21 HELEN DR

Alexandria, KY 41001

Rod's Home Improvement and Repairs is an owner-operated company. Our focus is always on quality and customer satisfaction on every job. We can provide most any home improvement/home repair or remodeling service you may need...large or small... and keep your cost at a reasonable price. We are licensed and insured as well. We offer free estimates and a special discount for all Angie's List members....

handyman (122)home remodeling (34)interior painting (24)tile installation (23)door (21)electrical (21)plumbing (20)drywall repair (17)woodworking (16)lighting (15)flooring (15)general contracting (9)

09/02/2020

Was very impressed! Did good work and very friendly! Would definitely hire again!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Handyman Services

CATEGORY handyman service

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/02/2020

04/11/2020

Rod and his partner were kind and patient. Performed services in timely manner and helped me 100% when I was in pinch to have them done quickly, even during a pandemic. They carefully took all the precautions necessary and were patient with my health issues assuring that everything I needed done was completed before they left even though we were over the scheduled time. They will be who I contact ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Furniture removal. Furniture assembly. Pictures hung.

CATEGORY handyman service

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/10/2020

10/17/2019

Rodney was amazing! Even though he was busy with a big project, he made time to come help us with a consult and he ended up repairing the problem right then and there! So happy we foundation him and will definitely use again for any home repair needs!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Hood Vent Repair

CATEGORY appliance repair,handyman service,bathroom & kitchen remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/17/2019

09/27/2019

Rodney and Jerry installed two new French doors for me, as well as remove and replace some bad wood. They did a great job! They were on time, did the work well, and were very careful about my house and the mess involved. Installed, cleaned up, and were very pleasant while working. I have one more job for them and will call them again in the future if I have work to be done.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Handyman Services

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/27/2019

09/27/2019

Great job stripping wallpaper and painting a hallway and high staircase. Careful, considerate and skilled. Will use again for other projects.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Handyman Services

CATEGORY handyman service,wallpaper removal,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/31/2019

09/21/2019

They were great! They showed up when they said they would. Rodney was very knowledgeable about what needed to be done. They completed the work in a timely fashion and the price was reasonable. They did a good job and I will be having them to do more work for me.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Handyman Services

CATEGORY drywall,handyman service,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/20/2019

07/25/2019

Great! Excellent service and price.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fixed a broken door knob.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/25/2019

06/26/2019

Excellent! The original doorway was uneven and Rodney did a fantastic job reframing so there would be no gaps once the new door was installed. He located a small leak and went on the roof to seal it up properly before putting in new insulation and the new door. We really appreciated him going the extra mile to make sure the job was done right and at a fair price. We will definitely hire him again!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Reframing and installation of new door

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/28/2019

C

06/13/2019

No one local contractor replied to my request

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Gutter repair

CATEGORY gutter repair,handyman service

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/13/2019

Hi [Member Name Removed]. I'm Teresa from Rod's Home Improvement. I responded to your message thru AL Message Center. I apologize for not following up with you afterwards. I replied with the hope that we could get together the following Thursday. I didn't receive a response and I was somewhat overloaded at that time, so I assumed if you still needed the work done you would contact me back. Also, y...

05/30/2019

Even though the paint I purchased was supposed to cover in one coat he actually had to put a second coat on. I am very happy the way my bathroom looks.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Master bath painted

CATEGORY interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/30/2019

CARPENTRY, DRYWALL, TILEWORK, ALL TYPE FLOORING INSTALLATION, HARDWOOD FLOOR REFINISHING, INTERIOR & EXTERIOR PAINTING, WINDOWS, ALL REMODELING SERVICES INCLUDING KITCHEN, BATH, AND FINISHING BASEMENTS, ANY TYPE HOME REPAIRS.