Alleluia Painting and Construction

Founded 1976 • Angie's List since April 2013

B Rated | 8 Reviews

Alleluia Construction Company and Greg Jones are a relatively small construction Company with 5 - 15 employee's depending on the time of year, and the number of projects we are working on at any given time. We specialize in Exterior and Interior Painting and maintain a full staff to handle your project in a timely fashion. We have a full list of qualified sub-contractors (HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical) that work with us to provide high quality results in remodeling, room additions, basement finishes, roofing, etc. As a Christian contracting company our desire is to provide services and complete your job in a Christian manner, with the highest quality as well as moral and ethical standards. Alleluia Construction Company is committed to caring for widow's, senior citizen's, the physically disabled, and single mom's in obedience to our Lord Jesus Christs' command and teaching. If you are unable to afford the repair(s) that your home needs, please do not hesitate to call us. We have some grants available to help and would consider it an honor and privilege to serve you in this way....

Petersons Lawn & Landscaping

Petersons lawn & garden has been servicing Johnson county KS for over 15 years. From Leawood to Lenexa our goal is to provide every property with a pro simple solution for everyday lawn and landscape needs. Ask about our weekly lawn mowing prices for 2021!!!

09/25/2014

He stated to me that no job was too big or to small. I showed him all that I needed done and he took notes and he said he would get back to me via e-mail or phone.He had this info as we had communicated earlier. I have never hear from him.........and I will find some one else to do the work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Give me an estimate of work I wanted done.

09/03/2014

Lead my father on with promises and even took an estimate..  Quoted Scripture and represented himself as a man of integrity.  Then never showed up or called back

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The man represented himself as a legitimate businessman doing home repair and painting.  I got the add from the local Angie's List/Kansas City.  He came to my father's house and took an estimate and promised to get back with him.  He hand numerous emails with me and represented himself as someone who would take extra care with elderly clients.  Even quoted scripture.  My elderly father waited and waited for the man to return or call and he did not.  I emailed him and asked him if the was an issue and he said there was not.  We have never heard from him again

07/21/2014

The painters showed up on time, and completed their work in a professional manner.  They were courteous, neat, and efficient.  They did a great paint job, cleaned up completely, and were done on time.  We are very happy to recommend Alleluia Painting & Construction to our friends and neighbors. Ken and Patti Avery

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The team from Alleluia Painting & Construction painted the interior of our house.  The previous year they painted the exterior, and we were so pleased that we did not hesitate to call them again to paint the inside.

CATEGORY house painters,interior painters

07/18/2014

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I live in a 6 month old home. We put in a fence prior to moving in and only had to put up three sides since the neighbors behind us have already put in the backside. Our neighbors behind us have stained their fence a dark brown. Greg came out to do the quote right away. He continually checked in with me to see if I had made a decision and even offered a discount. From there the communication fell apart. He told me that he needed to talk to my neighbors to get the stain color that they used. I expected to see him in the next week, but did not. I called him to ask when he was coming out and he said that he had gotten backed up with a big job. He told me that he would be out in the following week. Greg's crew came out on Wednesday of that following week. They were here staining the fence. At the end of the day Greg came to my husband and I and told us that the stain he had purchased was not the same quality of the stain he normally uses (he bought the same stain that the neighbors used, Behr) and that it was not covering well. He had anticipated needing 2-5 gal containers but due to this stain being of a lesser quality realized that he would need a total of 5-5 gal containers. He told us that he would not be able to finish the job for the price that he had quoted, instead he would need double the amount quoted. I decided against moving any further and asked what we owed Greg for the stain that he had purchased. He was very apologetic and did not charge us anything for the stain they used or the labor used. I emailed Greg back to ask if we could color match and switch to the better paint, if so how much would he charge. I didn't get an email so I called today. Greg told me that he cannot put an oil based stain over the water based stain so we were stuck with the product we had. He said that he would think about it (getting me the quote) and get back to me. After I spoke to him I called Sherwin Williams (Gregs preferred paint company). First they told me that they do have a water based stain that we could color match. If we wanted to switch to the oil based stain they said that you would have to remove the water based stain first. They sell a stain remover you can use and then pressure wash it all off. Further conversation with Sherwin Williams revealed that perhaps the painters were putting on the stain to thick since is should cover more area than they were able to do. This is a semi-transparent stain, but you cannot see the wood under the area's that they painted. | |As of right now I have one side of my fence that is painted on the inside only. (The backside of the fence was stained prior to moving in) and a gate side that is painted on both sides. Greg should have come to me with his concern about the quality of the paint prior to purchasing it. I wanted the colors to match, however I never said that the brand had to be the same. This is a mess.

07/01/2014

Alleluia Painting did a fantastic job.  They went above and beyond by even painting an exterior storm door that wasn't initially included on the bid.  Due to the weather they had to postpone the start of the job, but they communicated with us clearly and promptly.   Their work was flawless and the crew were very polite and personable.  I would highly recommend Alleluia Painting for anyone looking ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repainted the outside of the home Including trim.  Minor repair work on the wood work.

CATEGORY woodworking,house painters

Exterior painting, wood-rot, interior painting, basement finishes

Alleluia should be able to handle any service need you have, however, if I am not able to handle your commercial and/or residential service need, I will provide you with the name of someone who specializes in that trade area.

American Express, Check, Discover, MasterCard, Visa