Mathis Contracting

A 11 Reviews

Founded 2014 • Angie's List since April 2015

1701 E Edgewood Ave #17785

Southport, IN 46227

We are a small contracting business that specializes in general handyman work, along with landscaping and Gravel delivery/install. We do all jobs big and small. Call for a free estimate and we will work with you....

asphalt paving (8)handyman (6)stone and gravel (4)snow removal (3)concrete repair (1)

12/01/2020

It went well. He showed up and started right in, checked wiring and double checked some of the voltage and installed the new fan quickly, plus did not leave a mess.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Install ceiling Fan

CATEGORY concrete repair,handyman service

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/25/2020

03/02/2019

Anthony did an excellent job repairing a stone retainment wall in our front yard, I felt the price was very fair for the work done. He was polite and very personable, I would hire him again!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Exterior Stone Wall repair

CATEGORY handyman service,pavers, gravel

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/25/2018

D

12/06/2018

No response to a request for a quote for snow removal at a specified address

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Snow removal

CATEGORY snow removal,asphalt driveway

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/06/2018

Sorry requests that are on the Angie’s list app are not the quickest way to contact us! Please call or even text if you’d like to receive a quick response!

05/29/2018

Anthony Mathis and his crew arrived at around 9 AM and immediately began tearing out the old driveway and hauling it off. As soon as that was completed they began grading and laid a new gravel base. Their timetable was on the mark as the equipment and new asphalt arrived right after the base was completed. The asphalt was laid and rolled and by 5 PM the job was done. They had extra gravel and asph...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Old asphalt driveway removed and new one laid

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/18/2018

10/23/2017

Anthony did an incredible job is very respectful and even did the job while we were on vacation so that it was convenient for us. We are having him back this winter to do more handymen work on our house. Highly recommended.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Our driveway needed sealed and some repair. Anthony did above and beyond and even gave us some great ideas for some landscaping.

CATEGORY handyman service,pavers, gravel,asphalt driveway

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/16/2017

07/20/2017

He showed up and I don't even think he knew what a pre-hung door was and what it takes to install it. He showed up in a car and very little tools to work. After about an hour he came out to talk to me and said they can't do this job for $250. It's too much work. I asked what wasn't clear on the phone about 7 pre-hung doors? He said nothing and just shook his head and said he need to calm his partn...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They called me to confirm what I needed completed and I told the guy I needed 7 pre-hung doors installed. He quoted me $250.

CATEGORY handyman service

Communication between the customer and owner (myself) was not there. If there is ever a major dispute please call me directly in the future. Sorry about the way your experience went.

11/04/2016

Everything was awesome this young man's work is a high performance and quality done professionally and in a friendly way... I will be using this young man in the future for any work I need done around my house I have found the perfect handyman and a new friend...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
1. Installed stormwater drainage system from all downspouts to the outer yard area in to several 4 foot deep 4x4 rock filled collection and seep pits.. all drainage piping buried... 2. Using Bobcat equipment created a driveway next to my new garage and then put down a 6 to 8 inch layer of number 54 driveway stone to be completed next week with a 4-inch layer of number 4 driveway rock.. it looks awesome... 3. installed a new kitchen sink drainage and faucet with sprayer...

CATEGORY handyman service,pavers, gravel,snow removal,asphalt driveway

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/04/2016

11/03/2016

Job went well overall. Anthony Mathis, the owner of Mathis Contracting, sub-contracted the re-paving. Anthony was present during the entire re-paving job. Mathis Contracting did the crack filling and seal coating of the remainder of the driveway. I had some concerns on the crack filling which I relayed to Anthony Mathis. He returned and re-filled the cracks. In the area that was to be seal-coated ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Re-pave 90% of long existing driveway; cracks filled and seal coated on remaining 10%.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/17/2016

09/07/2016

The driveway looks great. The provider did an exceptional job!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The provider sealed cracks and coated our asphalt driveway.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/07/2016

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review! Hope to hear from you soon for some more jobs you may need taken care of!

05/09/2016

He did a good job. Quick turnaround. Was proud to say i got a good deal on my driveway.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Mathis Contracting did a great job. He gave me a great deal on my driveway. After having multiple companies quote the cost to pave my driveway , he ended up being the cheapest. He also did a very godd job. I will absolutely use Mathis contracting in the future if needed.

CATEGORY pavers, gravel,asphalt driveway