WATKINS MASONRY

Founded 1995 • Angie's List since August 2007

Not Rated| 12 Reviews

OWNER-OPERATED. NO SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB....

Mike Gentry Masonry

5% off all Angies List members for first job

12/01/2013

Repaired outside chimney masonry and placed a cap on the top of the chimney. It went very well and the job was well done.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I purchased a BigDeal from WATKINS MASONRY.

C

11/26/2013

I purchased the big deal because I thought our chimney repair could be done for a few hundred dollars. The estimator for this company said the whole job would be $1200. I was not willing to spend that, so I did not use the big deal, and ended up getting Dr. Dan to do the job for $400.

11/19/2013

Richard came by when planned for an estimate. Explained the work to me. Came back 2 days later when planned, set up scaffolding, did the work as planned. I'm not getting up on the roof to judge his work, but based on everything else, I'm confident he did a good job.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced mortar in chimney bricks, replaced chimney cap, tuck- point misc places on exterior walls.

D

12/28/2012

. A few arguments when we were talking about the job and he wanted half up front. I did pay and then almost on completion. My roofer{Sheriff-Goslin, with whom I am really happy} provided extra shingles for the job My contact person at Sheriff-Goslin checked the work a few days ago since I saw a lose shingle hanging from the dormer. He said the job on the chimney was well done. I was not happy with...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chimney repair which required taking down the old chimney and putting back bricks with mortar.

CATEGORY masonry, chimney repair

Responding on [member name removed] chimney , I received a not very pleasant review on chimney work that was done in two days it was planed and completed on time and as you have read her roofer said it was a great job. There was no mess left behind like she had indicated and nothing of mine touched the gutters! I think that some people was under the assumption that a 99$ coupon would be enough to ...

12/17/2012

Richard Watkins is a consumate professional and did exactly what he set out to do.  The chimney top appears to be the way I want it.  It looks clean, neat and effective.  Richard was on time and left no messes. I will hire him again for additional masonry work in the spring.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Remove old (cracked) concrete 2-flue chimney cover, replace with Limestone plate and 2" overhangs; add a flue cap to one of two flues,

CATEGORY masonry

All masonry work - brick,block,stone, restoration specialist,chimney-fireplaces.

Concrete work , do not install insert fireplaces