Frankenstein Furniture Co

Awards & Badges

Award 2019

4937 N Primrose Ave

Indianapolis, IN 46205

Owned & operated by Craig Joseph Dunston Smith . Hours listed are availability by phone. All work is done by appointment only. We do not do reupholstery, built in furniture or doors and we do not paint furniture or work on recliners. Our focus is on repair and refinishing. and we are chair repair experts. Thank You for viewing our profile....

furniture refinishing (183)antique store (22)custom furniture (2)

11/04/2019

I can't stop looking at my coffee table. It needed some TLC to the top and they made it look better than when it was purchased. The woodgrains show and the finish is rich and has a great lustre. They touched up additional areas to complete the overall finished look. They pick up and deliver! Also the work was turned around quickly. I can't wait to work with them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Refinish coffee table

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/01/2019

Thank you so much for this fantastic review. It means so much to us when our fabulous customers respond so positively and when they take the time to do so! We are so truly happy that you love our work and we hope that you enjoy it for many happy years!

08/25/2019

Fantastic! Fast prompt friendly respectful service at a good price!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Craig refinished a coffee table/chest and matching sofa table and a decorative barstool

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/24/2019

Thank you for your wonderful review! When we get these reviews it is always a time for us to pause out in the shop and celebrate our great good fortune! To have customers who are thoughtful enough to take the time to let us know they are pleased with our work is very meaningful to us. Thank you for the very appreciated review about the work we love so much!

05/07/2019

As usual the work was excellent. Both chairs were taken apart and put back together while maintaining their antique look. Both chairs were very rickety and now are stronger than when they were new, 100+ years ago. The end table was restored while maintaining the intricate pattern on the table top and the small antique wooden coffee grinder's wood was restored. I have now had Frankenstein Furniture...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repaired antique rocking chair, another antique chair, an end table with an inlaid pattern and a small wood coffee grinder.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/06/2019

Your wonderful review truly made our day today! As it goes at times, we were experiencing a series of comical but frustrating events this morning and sitting down and reading this brought some much-needed perspective. Thank you so much for making a difference in our day and for being such a wonderful customer who continues to remind us of why we love this work so much. Thank you for the truly wond...

05/07/2019

In addition to the current job, I have successfully used Frankenstein Furniture to repair / refurbish a mahogany dining room table, a two drawer cherry chest, two walnut rocking chairs, an oak end table, an oak play table and a round oak side table. I don't believe there is a job that they can't do well, at a reasonable price and on time. They are also very good people who are pleasure to work wit...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Refurbish 1890's oak chest of drawers and 5 mahogany dining room chairs.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/26/2019

It is so thoughtful of you to take the time to let us know you are pleased with our work. It is customers like you that make our work a joy! Thank you for this wonderful review.

04/16/2019

Frankenstein Furniture is terrific! Craig, Rob and Michelle are wonderful to work with did an amazing job on the repairs and refinishing of our mid-century vintage tables and chairs. I can't say enough good things about Frankenstein. Don't bother to look any further, just call them!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Furniture repair and refinishing

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/16/2019

One of the best parts about doing the work we love is the opportunity to work with wonderful people likeyou. Your thoughtful words are so appreciated and we want you to know how much it means to us that you took the time from a busy day to leave such a great review. Our hope is that you will enjoy our work for many happy years. Thank You.

02/09/2019

Once again Frankenstein delighted me! They had done excellent refinishing work – precious dining room table and chairs – for me previously. This most recent project was a repair: reattaching a leg to a piano bench. When I called, I wondered whether they would be interested in performing the relatively small task, but they said immediately that they would be glad to help. Now, following the repair,...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Reattach piano bench leg

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/31/2019

It truly delights us to know that our customers love our work.. It always touches our hearts that people take the time from a busy day to let us know that they are pleased. We feel so fortunate to have a wonderful customer like you and thank you so much for this review!. It means so much to us!

01/11/2019

Frankenstein Furniture did a fantastic job on all of the pieces. Nobody would know there were ever any problems with any of the items. The work was reasonably priced and delivered when promised. I would recommend anyone with antique wood furniture in need of restoration to bring it here. The owners are extremely nice people, who I would trust with any restoration job. I am very glad I found this c...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I used Frankenstein Furniture to restore a two drawer antique cherry chest which had been spray painted brown and a heavily worn antique play table, repair the base of an antique round table and reassemble an antique dining room chair, which was in three pieces. They previously restored an antique water damaged dining room table for me.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/08/2019

How absolutely thoughtful of you to give us this fabulous and very appreciated review. It means so much to us when customers are pleased with the work that we do. We are touched that you took time from a busy day to give us this review and thank you so much for doing so!

01/06/2019

Very nice people the service was great. They picked up my loveseat on a Friday I had it back the following Monday. Everything was explained to me as to how it was fixed after it was returned. I will definitely recommend this company to anyone needing furniture repaired.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The arm of my loveseat was broken by someone sitting on it. The inside broke down but the fabric was not torn so just the inside was needing repaired.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/18/2019

We are so happy that you are pleased with our work!!!. It always impresses us when people take the time from busy days to let us know what they think.. Thank you for this wonderful review and your thoughtfulness in taking the time to share your valued opinion wiht us.We appreciate it greatly.

10/29/2018

I had two antique chairs that needed to be tightened and one antique table that needed to have a side panel reattached. Frankenstein Furniture did a great job bringing these antiques back to life. Their services are by appointment only so you need to “apply” and then, if they accept the work, you work with them on pick up drop off and delivery. They had great communication and were delightful to w...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Antique Repairs

CATEGORY furniture repair,antiques

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/04/2018

It was so thoughtful of you to give us this fabulous review. We appreciate that you took the time from a busy day to do this for us. I noticed you put our address as yours and thought you may want to edit that but no problem. We are so happy that you loved our work. It is customers like you that make this work a joy to us and we thank you.

10/28/2018

The table was completely restored and looks great. The job was completed very quickly and could not have been done better. The owners are very nice people and it was a pleasure working with them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair of water damaged 1890 mahogany dining room table, which was purchased by my great-grandparents.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/28/2018

We were so happy to receive this thoughtful review. We love the fact that we get to work on so much beautiful furniture. Craig commented several times that your table was one of the most beautifully made tables he had ever seen and how much he enjoyed restoring it to its original beauty. It is especially meaningful to us that it is a part of your family's history. Thank you for taking the time to ...

We do not do upholstery. Antique refinishing and repair, repairs and rebuilds of furniture including water damage repair, cracks, scratches, veneer repair. Custom furniture designs & decorative furniture finishes Custom Drum coverings. Custom designed and built cremation urns. ALL ESTIMATES ARE DONE BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. We are not a storefront and all estimates drop-offs, pickups and deliveries must be scheduled.

We do not do upholstery. We do not repair recliners. We do not do insurance estimates.

Check, Visa, MasterCard