Cabo Plumbing Svc

Founded 1997 • Angie's List since May 2014

B Rated | 9 Reviews

Small local business offering a full range of plumbing services. Payment options include cash, checks, and credit debit....

Aqua Systems

24  REVIEWS
Aqua Systems

Aqua Systems of South Bend is a retail store with no commission sales people. We sell water conditioning equipment, water coolers and drinking water systems (reverse osmosis). We accept MasterCard, Visa and Discover and also have financing available.

10/25/2018

They came out, looked at the water heater, said it needed to be replaced cause it was leaking. Offered to do it next day for $1,500. I said okay. Later I checked at Home Depot where I found the water heater available for $900 which meant Cabo was going to charge me about $600 for labor. Other than misc. small parts (Teflon tape, etc.) no additional parts were needed as everything else was in good ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed water heater repaired. Pilot light would not light.

CATEGORY water heater repair

03/23/2018

Our HWH leaked in our basement, which we discovered on a Monday morning. They were over that same evening, to shut things off and give us an estimate. They discovered that our HWH was still under warranty, and thereby saved us a bundle! A new HWH was installed later that week, quickly, cleanly, with smiling service. Our first time using Cabo, but not our last.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Hot water heater diagnosis/replacement

CATEGORY plumbing

11/14/2017

I called on a Tuesday and tgey were able to send a guy out the same day. By Wednesday evening, my gas was turned back on. He replaced all the old shutoff valves to bring them up to code. He found several leaks and replaced pipes and unions until the system was able to pass a pressure test. He cleaned up any mess that was made and left me with piece of mind that the house was free of all gas leaks.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had my gas shut off due to several leaks in my gas lines.

CATEGORY plumbing,gas leak repair

C

11/03/2017

Extremely expensive for a water heater replacement. My husband never asked a quote in advance of work. Cabo did not provide him with an itemized bill. Just put a $1350 total down for a 50 gallon tank on "Plumbing Work Order/Invoice."

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I called Cabo number and requested an itemized bill. It didn't even show us the name of the tank they installed for proof of warranty. The phone answerer responded, "That's usually how I do it." What??? What business would sell a $1350 water heater and not itemize the heater manufacturer and installation costs? Itemized bill received promptly by email. For a $1095 tank, they charged $305 installation. We live in a modest suburban neighborhood, in an area with several other higher-end neighborhoods and some other very high-end neighborhoods. But not ours. My assessment is the office saw the name of our town and charged much higher than they normally charge on the street.

CATEGORY plumbing

09/11/2017

They came out quickly and replaced the heater at a rather high price. But 9 months later the heater is leaking and not functioning correctly with water temperature or other parts. They are unwilling to fix or replace it with one that will work correctly unless we pay . So much for their "6 year" warranty.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Had our water heater go out in Dec 2016 and they were the only company available. Put in a new one with a "6 year warranty". It's 9/2017 and the new one leaked water from the pressure valve all over the basement floor. They've been out 2xs and now they say it's because our water softener is hooked up to the heater! Which it was at the time of installation and had been to the previous water heater for 9 years with no problem. Now they want us to pay for either the parts or labor whichever is cheaper. They have not gotten back to us with a resolution in 3 days. This is a parts problem and should be covered by the warranty. I would not recommend this company to anyone.

CATEGORY plumbing,water heater repair

Plumbing, remodels kitchen bathroom, water heater & water softener.

Check, Visa, MasterCard