Bustion, Dr. Paul F.

Founded 1976 • Angie's List since October 2008

B Rated | 9 Reviews

02/06/2017

For the past 4 yrs it was impossible to receive a response from his assistant, Mika, who is no longer employed by his group, With the new office management and a new assistant for Dr BUSTION everything is going very well. If you have a neurological problem of any kind DR. BUSTION WILL FIND IT AND YOU WILL GET THE BEST TREATMENT AVAILABLE ANYWHERE.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dr. BUSTION diagnosed me with R&R MS in 1999. I have been in the medical community for 32 yrs. THERE ISN'T A BETTER NEUROLOGICAL DOCTOR TO BE FOUND. His demeanor is excellent. Even though the 1st couple of visits you might think he is somewhat cautious. After he has seen you, as long as your honest about your problem and don't try to exaggerate your condition, he sees and hears everything about you. His ability to read his patients is uncanny. His knowledge is beyond great. He will fight for your rights for your medical problems with great passion. With his assistant, who as of January 26th 2017, is no longer employed by his group THANK GOODNESS. She wasn't interested in doing anything. Now with new office management and a new assistant for Dr. BUSTION things are going very well.

07/16/2015

He lied to me. He DID discontinue the fentanyl, as he'd said, "Okay", but he DID NOT return my effective pain medicine anywhere at all closer to my historically-effective dose as promised--he plainly told me, "Okay", nodding, just as he'd done in agreeing to my request to discontinue fentanyl, but when I contacted the mail order service, he'd called in the same arbitrarily-reduced, undertreating d...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Chronic migraine treatment follow-up. Informed Bustion I'd lost my warehouse job due to a relapse back to increased migraine pain/length/number due to my mother's untimely death a month prior AND due to his unresponsiveness in the legally unnecessary but arbitrarily required monthly call in for refill (which he could've simply written w/ refills), which as usual he had not timely called in to my pharmacy. He showed little concern or eye contact. I informed him that I needed to get a job desperately (& be able to single parent my 3 sons) and thus, due to my relapse, needed to return my medicine treatment closer to the effective level I'd been competently treated with (& therby been able to function as an attorney) for the 8 or so years prior to moving and being assigned to him, at which time he'd cut my medicine treatment by half with no explanation, barely enabling me to get by since (no legal work since). So I made three clear requests, After Each Of Which He Nodded & Said, "Okay." 1. To discontinue fentanyl. 2. As a concession for #1, & to get me closer to my historically-effective dose in light of my exacerbated migraines, to return my daily hydrocodone/apap 10/325 "allowance" from his arbitrarily-undertreating 1/2 of my historically-effective dose (2 instead of 4 a day) to 3/4 of my historically-effective dose (3 instead of 4 a day), using a 3-month mail order supply I was eligible for till the end of June. 3. To call in an Rx for an equivalent amount of medicine to treat me until the mail-supply arrived. I left, trusting his word.

09/08/2014

He is excellent. He is exceptional. He takes care of me for neurological issues and he is an excellent physician. As far as treatment outcomes, he keeps monitoring me. Communication, I think he is exceptional also.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I used a couple physicians that I like quite a bit, Paul Bustion. My husband went to him for several years and I go to him.

06/03/2014

He is fantastic. He keeps up with her medication and he treats his patients like everybody else. He is an exceptional doctor. It is difficult to get into him and sometimes they have an issue to get back to me. We will continue to use him.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dr. Paul Bustion is my moms neurologist at IU North University. It was an office visit and lab work.

05/14/2014

I have gone to him for 14 years for MS. I got a second opinion one time to cover my bases and he was right on target with what he said. His nurses have always been exceptional and the staff is always been pretty lean so it is not as good as the doctor and the nurses.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
He has treated me for MS.

Neurology.