Affordable Fence Inc

A 26 Reviews

Founded 2006 • Angie's List since August 2011

PO Box 1452

Bloomington, IN 47402

Affordable Fence is a locally owned and operated fence contractor based out of Bloomington, IN. We work with both residential and commercial customers throughout Monroe and the surrounding counties. As a licensed, bonded and insured fence contractor, there is no project we cannot handle....

fencing (25)dog fencing (4)driveway gate installation (2)welding (1)

08/05/2016

11/03/2015

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We ordered a custom chain link gate, and it was delivered on time and perfectly executed. Quality of materials was excellent and installation crew did a great job. Although it took awhile to connect with owner to spec out job and obtain an estimate, he welcomed questions and was sufficiently detail-oriented such that we felt confident hiring him. All expectations were met and we would definitely recommend Affordable Fence to others in our area.

C

06/11/2015

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
"Affordable" Fence gave me a quote to put up about 2200 linear feet of horse fence. The quote was $25,800. I received 2 other quotes from different fence builders who quoted $16,000 and $9000 respectively. After pricing out the materials myself, I simply cannot fathom why Affordable Fence would charge such an outrageous amount to put up a fence. I cannot say anything regarding the quality of their work because I didn't have it done by them. |That being said, the person I talked to was professional, responsive, and although not quite punctual, he called to tell me he'd be about 15 minutes late for our appointment, so he was communicative.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/08/2015

04/29/2014

iSee above.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Michael is the first contractor EVER who has phoned me at 8:25 a.m for a scheduled 8:30 appointment to let me know he was delayed and would not be arriving - based on his GPS - until about 8:45. (Knowing contractors rarely are on time, I had blocked out my morning to be home.) Now that is a contractor who values the customer's time! We were very up front with Michael and shared that we couldn't guarantee that we'd be able to hire him as the primary purpose of fencing our backyard was for the safety of our special needs ten-year-old and we were waiting for word on a matching grant. So, if the grant did not come through, we'd have to wait another year to hire him. Of course, he couldn't promise increases in the cost of materials, but promised labor estimates would be good for a year. He arrived, listened to my ideas and needs, and began measurements - in a good hard rain. He then showed me several options from the most basic to the more extravagant, and, knowing about the grant, made suggestions about how we could bring cost down (e.g. doing the painting after the fence was installed). We had a sketch and a thorough estimate in two hours from his office. The details even included some of the options we could consider related to the costs and the aesthetics. I have high standards. I am willing to pay a fair price for good work. The grant didn't come through, but we WILL be calling Michael as soon as we can pay for the project ourselves in full. In fact, it's a family goal for next spring's tax refund.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/07/2014

06/10/2013

Fine.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed a 36x36 fence

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/01/2013

03/04/2013

Very well.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Had a complete estimate with diagram and options on how the work could be done and how the prices could be adjusted. Very professional and easy to work with. Very informative. Fence was built quickly and well just as promised.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/15/2012

Restoration, Pool Safety, Chain Link, Field Fence, Wood (All Styles), Split Rail, Vinyl, Automated Gates, Aluminum & Steel Ornamental, Temporary Construction Fence, Hand Rails, Security