A-1 GARAGE DOORS INC

Awards & Badges

Award 2019

515 W OLD SOUTH ST

Bargersville, IN 46106

Darrell & Carol Munchel are the owners of A-1 Garage Doors, Inc. They and their family have been dedicated to bringing to the public the best in quality and service since 1988. Darrell has made his career in the garage door industry for over thirty years. He started out as an installer and has spent over twenty years as a business owner as well. He is the current president of the Indiana Garage Door & Operator Association (IGDOA), which keeps him on the cutting edge of advances in garage door services and technology. A-1 Garage Doors offers a winning combination of top quality products and dependable service. We are truly the company with the boss on the job! At A-1 Garage Doors, Inc. we have something of value to offer where garage doors and openers are concerned. The showroom was created in an effort to give buyers a true feel for what they are looking to purchase. With an assortment of residential doors and a working garage door and opener on display, customers can see, touch, and hear what they are buying. Dont make an ill informed purchase from a glossy brochure. Stop by our showroom for a no-hassle, pressure-free demonstration....

garage door repair and installation (272)
C

08/31/2017

It took them a few days to get someone out to inspect, which I expected. Almost a week to find my panels and get them ordered in. 3+ weeks to get them in, as they only get shipments once a week (Tuesday). When I called after 3 weeks to see if the panels were in, and they finally were... I was told I'd have to wait another week to get the door fixed. As far as I'm concerned, I placed my order weeks...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Garage door panels replaced due to being struck with a car

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/31/2017

D

08/17/2017

I've worked with them before and they were great. This time was different. I called on Tuesday morning because our garage door opener stopped working. They said they were really busy and would send someone as soon as they had someone available. No indication whatsoever of how soon that would be. When I asked if I could get a specific time frame so I knew when to be at home, she said no and reitera...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Garage door opener stopped working and needed them to get it working again.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/17/2017

08/15/2017

The rep first came out to give an estimate, which I agreed to. He said that someone would call shortly to set up a date. They called the next day and set up the appt for yesterday. Rep arrived yesterday and installed it. Both reps were very good representatives of the company. They were well dressed and presented themselves nicely. Both were also very friendly and worked quickly. They did a very g...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They replaced a garage door opener.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/14/2017

We appreciate your business and thank you for the comments about our installers. We look forward to doing business with you again if you need us.

05/03/2017

Wonderful!! They were quite responsive when I called and came out early in the afternoon. Steve was very knowledgeable and had the spring replaced within 15 minutes!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The spring on our garage door broke, so therefore we couldn't get the door open at all.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/03/2017

We were glad to be of service and appreciate your kind words.

04/17/2017

Perfect - great company to work with!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Garage door opener replacement

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/27/2017

Thanks for contacting A-1. We were glad to assist you.

02/02/2017

They had three men (including Darrel) come out, and completed the job in a single day. Since I was not replacing existing doors, the job required more planning and materials than a typical install would have. The guys did a great job, leaving me zero to complain about. They were friendly, professional and good at their work. I would not hesitate for an instant to recommend them to do Donald Trump'...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I have a large pole barn, and wanted two of the slider doors replaced with roll-up garage doors. One is 10 feet wide, the other 15 feet. I had three companies quote on the job. Based on two things (1) the quote, and (2) the obvious skill and know-how of Darrel Munchel, I chose A1 for the job.

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/02/2017

We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing A-1 Garage Doors, Inc. for the job. Darrell has been in the garage door business for 45 years and knows what it takes to get a job completed correctly.

01/26/2017

They were very responsive and punctual. The door was what I wanted and the installation went great.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed my damaged garage door fixed.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/10/2017

We appreciate your business and were glad to be of service.

10/31/2016

The contractor has given advice for upkeep on the garage which has saved me a lot of money. I have also called them in the past for minor troubles and they were able to give me suggestions over the phone on how to fix the problem myself. They are always very helpful.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Garage door tune up.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/25/2016

10/31/2016

Everything went really well. We have used A-1 Garage Doors in the past and they are always really helpful.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced coil spring at the top of the door.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/18/2016

10/24/2016

Repair went very well. Garage spring broke. I called A-1 and they scheduled me for the very next day. Scheduled a time for 4:00 pm and was very punctual. I was actually running a bit late, and he started before I got home. By the time I got home at 4:20 pm, he was done and everything was fixed and worked perfectly. Altogether, it was a very smooth and easy process.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Garage spring replacement

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/18/2016

Our professional installers are full-time employees, trained by us to maintain our high standards. We employ no subcontractors. We install garage doors in new construction and replace doors in existing structures. We removed and haul away existing door, track, and hardware. Reconnect existing opener and install proper bracing for the door. Install woodgrain vinyl weather seal. Replace extension and torsion springs. We repair all brands of garage doors and openers.