A-1 GARAGE DOORS INC

Awards & Badges

Award 2019

515 W OLD SOUTH ST

Bargersville, IN 46106

Darrell & Carol Munchel are the owners of A-1 Garage Doors, Inc. They and their family have been dedicated to bringing to the public the best in quality and service since 1988. Darrell has made his career in the garage door industry for over thirty years. He started out as an installer and has spent over twenty years as a business owner as well. He is the current president of the Indiana Garage Door & Operator Association (IGDOA), which keeps him on the cutting edge of advances in garage door services and technology. A-1 Garage Doors offers a winning combination of top quality products and dependable service. We are truly the company with the boss on the job! At A-1 Garage Doors, Inc. we have something of value to offer where garage doors and openers are concerned. The showroom was created in an effort to give buyers a true feel for what they are looking to purchase. With an assortment of residential doors and a working garage door and opener on display, customers can see, touch, and hear what they are buying. Dont make an ill informed purchase from a glossy brochure. Stop by our showroom for a no-hassle, pressure-free demonstration....

Garage Doors (272)

06/27/2019

Arrived on time. Unloaded his truck and spread out his equipment like he knew what he was doing. In no time, he had removed the old door and loaded it on the truck while laying out the new door. Obviously, this guy was familiar with this project. I pretty much stayed inside to stay out of the way. I was surprised at how fast and efficient this job went. I could not be more pleased with my new door...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace an old damaged garage door

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/26/2019

06/26/2019

We've used A-1 Garage Doors Bargersville in the past. (see previous review) so it wasn't hard to consider them when one of the springs on our garage door broke. Even though our previous experience was great I still checked prices with a couple other options. I wasn't surprised that another company was a little cheaper than the price quoted by A-1. What I had to decide was whether or not a 9% ($24)...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replacement of broken spring(s)

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/13/2019

12/01/2018

Called several different companies to obtain an estimate on replacing a brown colored garage door. They were willing to come out to the house in the evening due to on my work schedule. A-1 Garage doors were also the only company that quoted replacing the garage door to match the color of the old door. The owner himself came to the house and throughly explained what insulation factor should be cons...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Garage door replacement

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/15/2018

08/13/2018

Everything went very well. Installer and installation were top notch.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed a new garage door

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/03/2018

We appreciate your business and look forward to assisting you in the future with any garage door needs. Again, thank you for your business.

06/19/2018

Great experience. Honest and fair contractor. Darrell pointed out the door was in good shape when he could have encouraged us to get a new one. Replaced springs and greased door. It is now as quiet as ever when going up and down.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Spring repair and door maintenance

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/25/2018

02/08/2018

They were excellent and were super nice to deal with. They installed the door and came back to finish it. They put my garage door opener in and even their prices were reasonable. I would definitely use them again and I would highly recommend them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They installed an 18 foot garage door on my home.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/06/2017

We were glad to be of service and look forward to working for you again if you need us. We appreciate your taking the time to give us a review. Thank you.

02/03/2018

Excellent! I really liked that when I made the appointment they were not only able to come that day, but they told me what kind of vehicle to expect and who to expect. When Darrell arrived he gave me a price before performing the service, so no surprises.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Emergency garage door repair.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/30/2018

01/15/2018

The whole process went fine. Both the phone staff and door installer were courteous and efficient. I intend to use them this spring to install the third car garage door.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed a new new garage door with openers.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/14/2017

We were glad to be of service. We will be running a special thru our door manufacturer in March and April and you can get a rebate on certain models of garage doors. You might want to keep that in mind when you are ready to replace the garage door. We appreciate your business.
C

12/30/2017

After Home Depot screwed up the order with only one opener, A-1 staff wanted to cancel the entire project. Convinced instead to take a Home Depot supplement. Installed a week and a half after promised. After installation, two of the four locks would not latch.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Four garage doors in new construction.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/27/2017

11/07/2017

It was great! Arrived on time, went right to work and was very respectful. Fixed the problem and went on his way. Perfect customer service in my book!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Broken spring replaced.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/18/2017

We will glad to be of service to you and appreciate your kind words.

Our professional installers are full-time employees, trained by us to maintain our high standards. We employ no subcontractors. We install garage doors in new construction and replace doors in existing structures. We removed and haul away existing door, track, and hardware. Reconnect existing opener and install proper bracing for the door. Install woodgrain vinyl weather seal. Replace extension and torsion springs. We repair all brands of garage doors and openers.