Oakwood Electric & Generator

Awards & Badges

Award 2019

237 N. Cass Avenue

Westmont, IL 60559

Welcome to Oakwood Electric & Generator We might be small, but we’re certainly experienced. We’ve been serving the Western Suburbs of Chicago, IL for years and we look forward to providing you with the best lighting and electrical services in the area. We are third generation electrical contractors and we’ll always be flexible to your scheduling needs! Oakwood Lighting Electric Service is available to assist you with: Panel Upgrades Service Changeouts EV Car Charging Outlets Electrical Troubleshooting Ceiling fans Smoke detectors Landscape lighting Photo-cells Stand-by generators Hanging fixtures Recessed lighting And so much more! When you need quality electrical work done, come to the pros! We hope to become a business you can trust and rely on for life. Call Oakwood Electric & Generator today! Feel free to visit our website, located at the top of this profile, for more information....

electrician (193)lighting installation (53)generator repair (36)ceiling fan installation (20)

05/29/2020

Excellent work! Showed up promptly and did quick efficient work. We love the new lights and the brighter kitchen. Will definitely be hiring for future jobs

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Removal of old fixture and install of new can lights in kitchen

CATEGORY lighting

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/28/2020

Thank you for the review [Member Name Removed]! We look forward to working with you again in the future!

12/05/2019

Our first time using Oakwood. They responded same day which was helpful given that the circuit that was no longer working was the one our refrigerator was on. Raul came out to investigate. He explained everything as he was going along and what work would need to be done to fix it and was patient with our questions. Work was scheduled for following morning. Raul and Ken came the next day and did a ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
run new circuit for kitchen

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/05/2019

Thank you for the great review and kind words. We look forward to working with you again!

11/09/2019

The particular breaker was the one which controlled the furnace. Our house temp was down to 61 degrees. I called Oakwood because they said they provide emergency service. I was told I would have to wait until 4 PM but they would definitely come that day. The guys were actually early and they called to make sure I was home. Raul and Ed were very friendly and fast. I did have a coupon, but my servic...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced one breaker in circuit breaker box

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/28/2019

09/10/2019

Great job done! It was a more complicated job than I'd initially thought, which made it even better to know I'd hired a pro. All went well, and everything is working - and looking - great. I have a couple other similar lights needing replacement in an awkward spot by a stairwell, and I won't hesitate to call them back when I'm ready.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Had two ceiling lights swapped out for new ones, along with a dimmer switch.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/27/2019

Thank you for the great rating. We look forward to working with you again!

07/23/2019

Tech found no problem with function of outlet except there was reverse polarity in the wiring and he corrected that. I asked if he could install the microwave but explained he could not do that. Tech explain the reason why 2 of the 4 ceiling fan bulbs were not turning on when I pulled the chain only once. This type of fan has a 4-way function string that allows you to choose how many bulbs you wan...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
to check 1 outlet for over the range microwave to make sure it was ok and ceiling fan lights

CATEGORY electrician,ceiling fans

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/18/2019

06/24/2019

Outstanding experience from first call/visit through the final county inspection. We purchased a 22kw generator. The Oakwood team performed exactly as promised. Always arrived on time, explained each step in the process, e.g., permitting, installation, etc. Responded to each email or phone call promptly. I wish all contractors we've used were as good as Oakwood Electric. We highly recommend them t...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We contacted Oakwood Electric & Generator to investigate purchasing and installing a Generac backup generator.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/13/2019

03/15/2019

We are very pleased with every aspect of the purchase of a Generac whole house generator from Oakwood Electric. Rob gave an excellent sales presentation. They beat the competition in price, provided us with the latest model, and included the base pad, for which the competition would have charged extra. The installers did an excellent job and gave me an orientation before leaving. Today the City in...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installation of a Generac Whole House Generator

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/15/2019

11/16/2018

They did a great job installing the generator, on time and on budget. Since installation the generator has worked very well and Oakwood has provided ongoing maintenance. They have been available to answer whatever questions we have had. Terrific service that I would recommend to anyone

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We purchased a home generator and moved the gas line in our basement

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/16/2018

10/30/2018

The Oakwood team did an excellent job of everything. Arvy carefully adapted the larger service panel into the already decorated paneled wall, so that it looks great. All interior work was done with care toward interior furnishing so no damage occurred to basement rec room. Couldn't be happier with job.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Upgrade electrical service panel to 200A. Reinstall backup generator transfer switch connections.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/08/2018

10/23/2018

I cannot day enough great things about my overall service. The entire team was professional, punctual, reasonably priced, helpful and speedy! I never write reviews, but I had to recommend this company for anyone looking for electrical help around the house. I had questions along the way and Becky was patient and nice to entertain my multiple calls. Herb went out of his way to help me replace the w...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We needed 2 ceiling fans installed w/ fan rated boxes + 2 external wall electrical outlets

CATEGORY electrician,ceiling fans

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/10/2018

Thanks Mr. C for the nice review and compliments!

Electrical contractor electricians electrical services commercial electrical contractors residential electrical contractors lighting ceiling fans smoke detectors generators fixtures.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check