Universal Carpet Inc

Awards & Badges

Award 2019

840 Schneider Drive

South Elgin, IL 60177

Universal Carpet provides all types flooring including hardwood, vinyl, laminate, carpeting, tile and refinishing of existing hardwood for homeowners in the greater Chicago area and western suburbs for over 30 years. With both in-store or shop at home we carry 1000's of products from all leading manufacturers. Our excellent Angie's List reviews and our A+ Better Business Bureau rating show our commitment to "100% customer satisfaction"....

carpet installation (68)flooring (45)hardwood flooring (7)tile installation (7)home remodeling (1)

02/29/2020

I never write reviews on anything but I feel I needed to share my experience with Universal Carpet. My wife and I shopped all the big box stores for new vinyl plank flooring and found just about the same products everywhere. Prices were all about the same and the products were not substantial at most. I shared my experience with a close friend and he referred me to Universal Carpet. I called and s...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Vinyl Plank Flooring

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/24/2020

Photo for Universal Carpet Inc - 840 Schneider Drive, South Elgin, IL - 38417276

[Member Name Removed], Thank you for the kind words. glad you are happy with your purchase. Core Tec is a low maintance durable product. thank you for your business.

10/31/2019

My husband was home when the carpet was installed. It went great. The installers worked quickly. The carpet looks great. We are very happy to have our house put back together. The owner Cary was very easy to work with on selecting the carpet and padding. Thank you, Universal Carpet, for a cozy family room once again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New carpet ordered and installed.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/31/2019

10/15/2019

Excellent job. Staff and crew were very professional. Everyone was extremely responsive to our needs and requests. The job was well done. Minor concerns were addressed promptly--even after the company had all of our money in hand. The price was higher than we were initially expecting, but it had been a long time since we priced flooring! We believe it was good value for high quality product and se...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Removing carpeting on the entire second floor and stairway and replacing with wood-look vinyl laminate.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/01/2019

07/28/2019

Very well! Wonderful and friendly customer service! Did a great job!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Carpet installed

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/28/2019

05/24/2019

Larry did a great job showing us flooring samples to choose from of different types. He was friendly, patient, and not pushy. He answered all our questions in a timely fashion. Nash's installation team did excellent work. They were neat, thorough, and they paid attention to small details. The end result was better than we expected. Highly recommended.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had our old flooring replaced in our whole house. The new flooring was Luxury Vinyl Plank.

CATEGORY carpet installation,flooring

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/24/2019

10/06/2018

EVERYONE I dealt with was 100% professional and extremely nice and understanding to my needs. Absolutely accommodating and will highly recommend, plus most definitely use again for future projects. Thank you Universal Carpets!!!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Install new carpet, but first repair and replace old hardwood flooring underneath from water damage

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/18/2018

10/01/2018

The work was done promptly and well. Very personable staff. Also provided a recommendation on professional carpet cleaning.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Carpet stretching in two bedrooms.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/05/2018

08/03/2018

Universal did a great job. The installer, Brett Chilo, was very personable but also very efficient and professional. He really knows his stuff. Even though this was a relatively small job everyone at Universal treated it like it was the most important project of the month. Brett not only installed the new items but hauled away the old ones. This is especially helpful. I definitely recommend Univer...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New floor, vanity, counter, sink and toilet for small bathroom

CATEGORY flooring,bathroom & kitchen remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/18/2018

05/23/2018

Got the whole job done in one day, very professional installation, detail-oriented. Looks great.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New flooring in kitchen and sunroom

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/23/2018

04/17/2018

The salesman, Steve, was very agreeable, on-time to measure and got me a quote the same day. Booking and payment was easy, and the crew was professional and did a great job. I will definitely hire them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Carpet a 2 bedroom condo with living room and dining room, stairs and hallway.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/17/2018

Sales of carpet, tile, wood, laminate, vinyl, and area rugs as well as installation of all materials.

MasterCard, Check, Financing Available, Visa