Shavitz Heating and Air Conditioning

• Trade License Expiration
  • 20180315

4849 Main Street

Skokie, IL 60077

Whether you need to have your air conditioning system completely replaced or you just need some basic heating repairs, call the friendly and professional technicians at Shavitz Heating & Air Conditioning. We value our Chicago heating and air conditioning customers and treat them like our family. We want you to be comfortable in your home. That is why we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee and a lifetime workmanship warranty. Also, if we cannot install a new AC or heating system for you in a day, our technicians will deliver a portable heater or air conditioning system so that you can stay comfortable in your home. Call our team today to schedule HVAC services in the Chicagoland area....

hvac repair (396)water heater repair and installation (11)appliance repair (14)

12/03/2020

It went extremely well. Shavitz employees were very responsive, knowledgeable, and courteous.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
HVAC replacement

CATEGORY appliance repair,heating & air conditioning/hvac

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/25/2020

06/04/2020

I set an appointment. One week wait for the first appointment. On the day of the appointment, in the afternoon I received a call and was told that they do not work on my brand of air conditioner. I took the afternoon off for this appointment. They completely wasted my time. Buyer beware!!!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
recharge air conditioner

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/04/2020

Hi [Member Name Removed], You definitely have every right to be frustrated on this one, we screwed up. We initially scheduled the appointment but subsequently found out it is on a uncommon brand of ductless split system that we have very little experience with. We do not want to waste your time and money on something we do not have expertise in. I apologize for not only inconveniencing you but als...

01/17/2020

The technician arrived precisely on schedule and performed a thorough checkup of the heating system, using state-of-the-art diagnostic tools. He also explained the condition of the furnace and helpfully forecasted its likely future.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Seasonal maintenance of furnace

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/17/2020

D

12/19/2019

Four months after having our furnace replaced, we're still having issues with it and keep getting incorrect or confusing information from the techs that visit. They tried and failed to replace the thermostat twice. The latest idea is that the furnace is overheating, which is something I think they should have figured out when doing the installation. The owner gets involved and it seems like things...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Furnace and thermostat replacement

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/01/2019

06/27/2019

Outstanding. Our dedicated Shavitz technician Krzysztof is extremely knowledgeable and thorough. We truly appreciate having a dedicated person that is familiar with our home and units. He does a wonderful job of reviewing his findings and answers any questions we have about the service. Would highly recommend Shavitz and Krzysztof.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Preventative maintenance on Air Conditioning Units

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/22/2019

06/10/2019

I'm very happy with project manager Rich Davis' expert and very helpful advice. The installation was an all day job. This is to be expected. Miguel, Jose, and Francisco are expert Carrier installers. They did a terrific job. They answered all my questions and explained things to my satisfaction and cleaned up, too. If you want your project done right with quality in mind, call Shavitz.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace the furnace and a/c

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/05/2019

06/04/2019

This was a complicated remedial project that took over 5 hours to complete. Craig knew exactly what he had to do when he arrived, and brought with him all the necessary equipment. He explained what he was going to do before he started, did the work, and then thoroughly tested all the equipment to make sure it was working properly. And, when one part didn't function correctly, he figured out how to...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
This review relates to the work Craig K did today. He installed a new thermostat, and added new controls and modified others to allow staging of a condensing unit.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/04/2019

05/14/2019

Excellent and knowledgeable workers. I would recommend Shavitz without a doubt. I have a maintenance agreement with them and I'm very happy with their work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Spring Maintenance

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/14/2019

04/19/2019

Prompt, professional service. Flushed condenser & checked A/C for proper cooling.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Maintenance on A/C

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/19/2019

03/26/2019

Diagnosis was quick. Tech (Cornelius M.) was excellent - highest rating - friendly, knowledgeable; mentioned other products, but no real hard sell. Blower motor used was aftermarket item - I have no idea about its reliability. Price for service was high, but maybe market rate - I have no basis for comparison. Price shown as "Approximate cost of service" includes $130 service fee.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replacement of furnace/ac blower motor.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/26/2019

Residential, Commercial and Industrial Maintenance, Installations & Repair of Heating and Air Conditioning

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Financing Available