A Plus Towing & Auto

Founded 2003 • Angie's List since October 2005

Complete automotive repairs. Additional DBAs - Car Doctor, Inc.-The & The Car Doctor, Inc, Lake in the Hills Automotive....

Reliable Auto Repair Center Inc

Family owned business for 20+ years at the same location. Serving the North Side since 1991.

12/18/2014

* They kept me apprised every step of the way.  Their communication was excellent, with texts and phone calls.  And they finished the work a day earlier than I expected! * A line had rusted, but instead of replacing the whole line, they were able to do a workaround and just replace the portion that had rusted.  That was a huge savings for me, and I have no doubt some other car places would have to...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My car needed brakes, an oxygen sensor replaced and needed to pass an Emissions Test.   It had also been shaking a little when coming to a stop.  Additionally, it had been sitting for 6 months (while I had been out of town) so needed some maintenance work done.   They fixed all this and more, and car has been running great ever since.

CATEGORY auto repair

Thank you for such a detailed review. We are glad we could help and make your visit a pleasant one. We look forward to helping again. Happy holidays-Management
D

12/17/2014

The work on my car was fine and the price was comparable, but the waiting room smelled like a dirty ashtray and the lady who helped me was rude.  I didn’t go back.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They did maintenance on my Grand Caravan.

CATEGORY auto repair

We apologize for that employee and any ill treatment they provided, they are no longer with us. We also want to thank you for coming to write your review, Every one make a difference. Happy holidays. -Management.

12/15/2014

I've used them for five years.  They work with you and they tried to get my car passed with the minumun expense. The staff was good and they even gave me a ride back to the office.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They corrected things to get my Nissan Pathfinder to pass emissions.

CATEGORY auto repair

We are always happy to make your visit a good experience. Happy holidays- Management

11/26/2014

This place is amazing   I finally found somewhere to take my car that is honest and very inexpensive.  They are a family owned business and from the first day that you go that you go there, you feel as though you are part of their family also.  They will take all the time you need to explain what they did, and also explain things that you do not need to spend your money on.   iI was so tired of go...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
put in a new air filter, 6 new spark plugs two of which were very hard to reach and normally missed by other car places, fixed the ignition wires and in a new gasket.

CATEGORY auto repair,car tires

We are glad you took the time to try us out and even more pleased that we could help. Thank you for this kind review and we look forward to seeing you again. Happy holidays. Thank you, Management.

06/10/2014

I have used the Car Doctor in the past with my vehicle as well as my wife's. We were very satisfied before and I felt comfortable going back. I of course was not disappointed. I brought my car in around 9am and discussed my issues with Scott and he advised he would look over the car and call me back. I received a call within an hour. Scott advised me that my rear brake pads were bad instead of my ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My rear brake pads were replaced, rear rotors were resurfaced and A/C charge with a dye and sealer was completed.

CATEGORY auto repair

Were glad we could help out. Make sure to check with us when your due for Emissions.

Auto tune-ups, oil changes, tires, brake, mufflers & exhaust systems, steering & suspensions, alignments, fuel, coolant, air conditioning, electrical, maintenance, repair & towing.

Diesel engine repairs.