Andy's Professional Remodeling

A59 REVIEWS

Founded 2000 • Angie's List since October 2010

2637 N Cherry Cove Ln

Round Lake, IL 60073

Andys Professional Remodeling offers a full home remodeling and renovating service in the Chicago Area. Andy has over 30 years of experience in the industry, eventually founding his independently owned and operated business in 2002, specializing in kitchen & bathroom remodeling, basement finishing, flooring/tiling, painting, in addition to using licensed subcontractors for electrical and plumbing services....

Finished Carpentry and Woodworking (40)General Remodeling (20)Handyman Services (18)Kitchen and Bath Remodeling (14)Electrical (11)Ceramic Tile (11)Drywall (10)Interior Painting (10)Plumbing (9)Doors (8)Basement Remodeling (8)Hardwood Flooring Sales and Installation (8)

01/08/2019

Andy and his crew were excellent. They showed up every morning exactly on time, and worked tirelessly throughout the entire project. They finished much faster than I would have thought possible. Andy was very receptive to my (and my wife’s) ideas and gave us exactly what we wanted and more. His crew was very polite and extremely professional while they were in my home. They also did a great job cl...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My basement was completely unfinished; all cement walls, only 2 outlets, no insulation, etc. I wanted framing, extra outlets, extra lighting, walls around the heating unit/water heater with French doors on either side for access, closet area for storage.

CATEGORY contractors, closet systems, drywall, electrician, insulation, woodworking, doors, basement remodeling

08/13/2018

Excellent communication was given and job completion successfully in time.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Load bearing wall removed

CATEGORY drywall, electrician, hardwood floor repair, remodeling, woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/13/2018

05/23/2017

Andy is knowledgeable, professional, and efficient. He did excellent work for a very fair price.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Andy installed baseboard trim in my kitchen and small bath as well as installed attic stairs in my garage attic.

CATEGORY handyman service, woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/12/2017

03/27/2016

Job went very well from start to  finish.  Andy kept us appraised every day on what was going on. He was supervising a job at another site, but came everyday to make sure things were going well.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Andy did a remarkable job with a complete remodel of our bathroom. We have used him previously to install hardwood floors as well as to remodel another bathroom.  Andy does an excellent job, so we were willing to wait for when he was available to do our job.  He told us the remodel would take a week and that is what it took.  Very pleased. Am planning to contact him with a couple more jobs.

CATEGORY bathroom & kitchen remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/14/2016

03/10/2016

It went fine when he initially came out, but he didn't seem to be knowledgeable about cutting out a badly damaged ceiling. He just wanted to patch it rather than cut it out. The deal I purchased was for $250 for $500 towards remodeling and when he sent me the estimate he didn't take off the $500, just the $250. When I emailed him back about the discount he became unresponsive and I haven't heard f...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I purchased a deal for $250 for $500 Credit Toward Any Remodeling Project.

CATEGORY handyman service

02/28/2016

Andy and his team were excellent to work with. They were well mannered, did a great job, and were clean and tidy. We are very happy with the results and will definitely use Andy in the future.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fixed two interior ceilings with water damage. Removed a drop down ceiling and fixed the ceiling.

CATEGORY drywall, remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/20/2016

02/05/2016

We called Andy for an estimate based on his Angie's List reviews, and could not be happier that we did! Our basement looks better than we ever could have imagined. Andy is professional, reliable, highly skilled, and is extremely detailed-oriented...and on top of everything, is a very nice guy too. His crew is courteous, hard working, and takes a lot of care in cleaning up thoroughly. We believe we...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Finished our basement

CATEGORY woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/05/2016

07/03/2015

Very responsive to inquiry and performed job two days later. We were fortunate that he had a break while working on a big job and was able to fit us in so quickly. Andy and his helper were courteous, professional, protected our newly refinished floor and cleaned up thoroughly upon completion. We will definitely use them again when we need any interior work done. Thanks, Andy.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed ceramic backsplash in kitchen and replaced some tiles in bath. Note that I do not know if the price was good or not as we did not contact anyone else. We needed the work done ASAP, Andy had excellent reviews and was able to do the work on a quick turn around, so we decided to go with him on that basis.

CATEGORY ceramic tile, woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/03/2015

C

06/30/2015

See comment above. He did not provide the service.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The provider was unable to fit me into his schedule and asked that I return the service and find another contractor via Angie's list. He seemed friendly though. I would consider him again.

CATEGORY woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/24/2015

05/30/2015

We've used Andy several times now, and, as always, he provides an excellent balance between quality and cost.  Job was done in one day.  Clean-up after job was excellent.  Deck looks very nice and much improved, an overall very positive experience.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Refinishing of deck neglected for over a decade.  Sanding, replacing a small piece of decking, staining.

CATEGORY deck cleaning, woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/14/2015

Basement finishing, kitchen & bath remodeling, hardwood floors, carpentry, painting & tiles, electrical & plumbing, home maintenance & repair.

Not Applicable