DON HOERR & SONS INC

Founded 1966 • Angie's List since September 2010

Don Hoerr and Sons has been designing, building, and remodeling homes in Peoria and the surrounding areas for over 45 years....

BRAD BURGESS CONSTRUCTION

Brad Burgess started his business in 1996 after developing his skills as a craftsman in residential home building in Central Illinois. With over 20 years of home building experience, Brad Burgess Construction has attained a reputation for integrity and complete customer satisfaction.

07/15/2013

After a bad experience with a contractor, I started getting bids from other contractors to build me a new (small) house. Don Hoerr and Sons was the best, most professional contractor in the area. When I met with Mark Hoerr, he not only described what his company could do for me, but also went over details, step-by-step about what other contractors SHOULD do for me if I didn't go with his company. ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I received an estimate from Mark Hoerr, president of Don Hoerr and Sons to bid on a new home.

07/05/2013

Phil is the supervisor. He answers any questions so well and he troubleshoots with you, tries to find out what's going to work. If you have any questions, he'll explain why that won't work. They're just wonderful. And the workers are always timely and they're very pleasant and polite, and they're doing a great job. You have to pay by the hour, but they do really good work and I do trust them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Don Hoerr and Sons Inc did outside construction for me.

02/18/2013

Please see the narrative above. We also had Don Hoerr ready our home for sale in 2008, and they upgraded some items that were needed for code compliance in those areas where the codes had changed since building the home. This was all done in a professional manner.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We built our first custom home with Don Hoerr and Sons. We designed a 4400 sq ft 4 bedroom home. Several years later, we finished off the basement to increase the liveable area of the home to over 6000 sq ft. Overall, we were happy with the quality and design of the home, and lived there for 20 years until moving from the area. Not having experienced any other similar builders previously, we initially thought that the planning and execution stages of the construction were slow. However, since then we have had more experience with other building contractors, and can say without a doubt that Don Hoerr will build you an excellent product, using the most skilled and ethical subcontractors available at that particular time, and they will stand behind their product. They stood behind a challenge to the code requirement for a septic system that ensued upon the sale of our home, and did their part to bring it back up to code (which was done to appease a potential buyer, but was not actually necessary for code) - all this 16 years after building our home. We rated the firm as "Fair" for punctuality, but I will tell you that I cannot conceive of ever rating anyone as good or excellent, as that is the nature of the building business. So in effect, they are just as good as anyone else. Overall, we know that Mark Hoerr, the designer for the business, and all his assistants, will give you the highest imaginable quality product in an ethical and honest way. You will not be disappointed.

Designing, Building, Remodel and Home Maintenance Service