HOUSE OF HEAT

A235 REVIEWS

Founded 1955 • Angie's List since November 2002

336 HARRISON ST

Oak Park, IL, 60304

Serving Oak Park & surrounding areas since 1955, House of Heat installs & repairs heating & cooling systems. We offer a full line of heating & air conditioning equipment & we service all makes & models. Our friendly & helpful staff has over 200 years of combined experience in the business, making House of Heat the most reliable choice for your heating & cooling needs. With 24-hour emergency service, 365 days per year, you can be sure we'll be there when you need us. Choosing House of Heat means that our experienced & helpful team will provide you with quality work at a competitive price....

Heating and Air Conditioning (223)Water Heaters (18)Plumbing (7)Electrical (5)Chimney Repair (2)Fireplaces (1)Drain Cleaning (1)

09/13/2019

They did an excellent job and I would highly recommend them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They cleaned my furnace.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/13/2018

07/06/2019

Great — it was all done in one day with little disruption

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Central air

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/27/2019

02/06/2019

Called House of Heat on a Saturday night when furnace quit working. Technician Marty came within the hour. He was able to restart the furnace, but a permanent fix would require at least an expensive circuit board replacement. Since the furnace was old, he recommended replacement. First thing Monday morning House of Heat called. Owner Dave King came just after 9 am. He offered an on the spot reason...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Gas furnace repair, replacement

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/04/2019

09/15/2018

All around a fantastic job. I called the main number and the receptionist got me in touch with a technician in no time on a Saturday. Marty did a fantastic job. He was very timely, and professional. He was upfront about the cost of the emergency service, he gave many tips and insights to the problem, and did a very thorough job in getting my A/c fixed up right. I will definitely plan to use this c...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
A/c went out

09/14/2018

Since 2013, I've called House of Heat whenever my furnace or air conditioner needs servicing. I've been very pleased with their service, over the years. So, when my 26-year-old air conditioner needed to be replaced (refrigerant leak), I shopped around a bit, but decided on House of Heat, based on past experience. I was happy with the installation. Joe and Guillermo cared about their work, and took...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace air condtioner

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/31/2018

09/04/2018

They came by and inspected our AC. They told me about a part that didn't need to be replaced right away, but would probably need to be done sooner than later. I went ahead and agreed to this and they scheduled a follow-up appointment as soon as the part was in. They came by and replaced it at the agreed price.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
AC tune-up

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/18/2018

06/26/2018

I had to wait a few hours for a callback after my initial call on a Saturday morning, but once Howard called me, everything went quickly and smoothly. He found the issue right away and fixed it within an hour. We will be using House of Heat again!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Air conditioner was blowing warm air.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/23/2018

01/28/2018

Wonderful service. Trust these guys with everything. Our go-to place for HVAC related needs.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installation of new furnace, A/C, whole house humidifier

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/01/2017

01/03/2018

Very responsive and scheduled quickly. The tech did a great job and was very knowledgeable. Price was fair.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
replaced a furnace humidifier and repaired a second one

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/06/2017

12/31/2017

Called for emergency repair early afternoon. Was told they were busy but to expect a call after 4pm that day. Totally understandable that they were busy. However...did NOT get a callback after 4pm. Did NOT get a callback that day ever. When did they call back? Not until after 10am the next day. Will never call them for service again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Gas furnace went out during dangerously low frigid temps. Emergency repair needed.

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/30/2017