Becker Service Center

A43 REVIEWS

Founded 1974 • Angie's List since August 2001

1421 PLAINFIELD NAPERVILLE RD

Naperville, IL 60564

We have been consistently delivering honest and professional automotive repair and maintenance services to the people of Naperville and surrounding areas for over 36 years. At Becker Service Center our experienced ASE certified technicians know your vehicle and are equipped to handle all major and minor repairs on foreign and domestic vehicles....

auto repair (40)tire buying and repair (3)transmission service (2)muffler repair (1)car inspection (1)

11/01/2017

Overall, I think it went well and I am happy with the customer service they showed throughout the process. They also called a few times to update me and to let me know when they found something to bring to my attention.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Had all 4 brake discs and pads replaced (my own that I purchased separate) and a brake flushing. Additionally, they told me my front calipers were seized so they suggested I go with rebuilt ones, which I did. Also had an oil change.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/05/2017

05/30/2017

They do a very good job for me. They've known me for a long time.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They did general mechanical work.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/16/2017

10/18/2016

In February they preformed a brake job and replaced the front calipers and rotors. I had to bring the car back three times and they replaced some of the parts they put on because the car needed to be heavy duty. Why didn't they put the right parts on the first time. Now, less than 5,000 miles later, one of the calipers locked up and ruined the rotor. The Lexus dealer questioned the quality of the ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Had the front brakes repaired on my Lexus.

CATEGORY muffler repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/04/2016

We regret very much that your experience with our shop was not a good one. We work extremely hard to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and we take any negative feedback seriously. We stand behind our work and we use nothing but quality warrantied parts. Consequently we have sent reimbursement for all charges relating to brake work. -Becker Service Center Team

05/23/2015

UPDATE: After writing the review, the owners were nice enough to contact us and apologize, and extend our warranty on the transmission for 3 years. The transmission actually broke down again after about 4 months after repair. The warranty actually covered getting a brand new transmission put into the vehicle, and they paid the cost of us getting a rental car (we didn't even ask to be reimbursed, t...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had our transmission rebuilt. They took the car to another service shop in Morris, IL.

CATEGORY auto repair, transmission repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/23/2015

04/03/2015

I found Becker Service Center from Angie's List. I called them and scheduled an appointment for the next day. The company cares about their reputation, and staff were very professional. I am happy about this experience.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Brakes: replace 2 rotors.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/03/2015

03/17/2015

At my last oil change appointment at my dealer, they notified me that I needed new brake pads on all 4 wheels and new rotors on the rear ones, and then quoted me a price that made my jaw drop. I declined the service, and 6 months later when my brakes were making audible grinding noises, I decided to go to Becker based on Angie's list reviews. They took my car in with only 2 days notice, and they p...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New brake pads, new rotors, rotated tires, changed oil and filter

CATEGORY auto repair, car tires

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/12/2015

01/21/2015

Beckers gave me a quick diagnosis on a Friday afternoon. Since my car had been vandalized, I had to interact with corporate security (where the act was done), file a police report, and initiate an insurance claim - all on Monday. The insurance adjustor went to Beckers on Tuesday morning, approved the work, and the repair was completed the same day. Becker's has a great reputation among my firends ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The catalytic converter was cut out of my car. I took my care to Becker's on a Friday afternoon and they had a diagnosis by the end of the day. The insurance adjustor approved the work at 10am on a Tuesday and the work to replace the catalytic converter was done by 3pm.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/20/2015

08/04/2014

Excellent.   Car has been running great since then.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New starter, Transfer case position replaced, added antifreeze, and changed oil and filter

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/01/2014

02/19/2014

From my first call to Becker all the way through to receiving my car, I was totally impressed. I shopped around for a service center to look at my 2003 Hyundai Sonata for 60k mile service. What I understood from a little google searching is that 60k service requires the replacement of the timing belt and inspection of the water pump, pulleys, and tensioner. I have no idea what these are, but havin...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced timing belt and water pump (60k mile required maintenance) Inspected power steering noise. Replaced Power Steering hose.

COST $807.76

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/17/2014

11/19/2013

Everything turned out well.  They were honest about what needed to be done to the truck, they didn't try to upsell me, and they did a quality job for a fair price.  We haven't had any problems since they worked on the truck.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They performed an inspection and brake work on a used truck that I recently bought.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/15/2013

COMPLETE AUTO REPAIRS, BRAKES, TRANSMISSIONS, TUNE-UPS, A/C, ENGINE SERVICE, ROAD ASST.AND TOWING SERVICE, TIRE SALES & SERVICE.

Not Applicable