Klauer Heating & Air Cond

Angie's List since August 2010

Family Heating & Cooling

Service and replacement of heating and cooling equipment- we offer equipment financing with aproved credit. Install, Service and maintain Energy Efficient HVAC equipment. We specialize in keeping you safe and saving you money.

03/11/2015

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I contacted 5 HVAC vendors in the Quad City area one stood out by a long shot! Steve Klauer of Klauer Heating and Air did everything right. He started by asking me what ours needs were. ALL the others TOLD me what they were going to do! He spent two hours going from my attic to the basement and all around the outside of our house to determine the best solution. He took notes and ran calculations just to make sure of the proper sizing...nobody else did that. He called me the next morning to confirm the findings and emailed me the quote. The other vendors, ALL of whom are well known in the Quad Cities, NEVER followed up with their quotes even though it was obvious we were definitely in the market for a new HVAC system! I never once mentioned I was looking for the BEST price or acted like price would be the deciding factor. In fact I made it clear that our last furnace lasted 33 years and if we have to spend a little more that was not a problem. We ended up with a 96% efficient Furnace with a dual speed DC motor and a 16 SEER AC unit. It has been working nonstop for 6 months...not one problem. We could NOT be happier. |The comfort level in our house is 90% better. We thought we would need a humidifier Steve said to wait as you might not need it; he was right! He could have easily sold us a new humidifier and made some extra profit, instead he told us to wait, and he truly did what was best for his customer and ultimately his company. Our recent Mid-American bill proves that with both equipment, and most importantly our installation company, Klauer Heating and Air Conditioning, we made the right choice without a doubt! I would also like to point out that Aaron Klauer and his installation technician did an extremely professional installation and made a slight modification to my ductwork that another company was going to charge over $100 more for. Everything was done start to finish in less than 8 hours. Our recent Mid-American bill also confirms what Steve estimated our energy savings would be. Although we want to be energy efficient that was NOT our #1 concern. Keeping my family safe & warm when it's -20 below was by far my greatest concern. I believe Steve accomplished both! |The old furnace and air conditioner we replaced was installed in 1982. The old furnace was 125K BTU and the new furnace is 60K BTU. Bigger is NOT better or more comfortable and certainly is NOT more efficient! We couldn't be more pleased with our decision! |Also, we did this in September not December. Remember, your furnace won't die in July nor will your AC quit in December so do yourself, family and your contractor a favor, plan ahead and everyone will be happier! |One last thing-the installation and equipment cost were extremely competitive. We also received a very nice rebate from Mid-America which made this project THE most cost effective and comfort enhancing home improvement project to date. We have NO buyer's remorse. |Sincerely, |Craig Keller |

03/18/2013

The owner came and assessed the old furnaces and central air unit. We received a quote the following day and the price was very fair... maybe even low based on all the extra work they were going to have to do. The new system has saved a lot of money every month over the ancient equipment we had been dealing with.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They removed a cobbled mess of 2 furnaces (one with central air) heating one house and replaced them with one efficient unit. They had to rework a lot of duct work and deal with other surprises along the way. They brought a lot of help and were quick and friendly.

06/04/2012

went very well - they know what they are doing and always get it done wright now we are enjoying the new air and well enjoy the heat this winterwe found out that the air was to small for our home - so made in upgrade - what a big different all ready the old air never would go off till we put it off we have use this company for yrs ... and never had ANY troubles.....if some one would ask me about h...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
brand new air conditionerthen a few weeks later a new heat exchange

11/30/2011

After only an approx month, our furnace went out, again. Klauer was there to fix it the first time, but when called to have them come back, it took a few days to get a return call, even though their VM states they check it often. An appointment was set and as it goes with most contractors of sort, it was set during business hours, so I left work early to meet them at my home. 4pm appointment and n...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
No services were performed as the tech never showed and many excuses were sent our way.

11/04/2011

The quality of the work was excellent. This is my third time to use this company and I would certainly use them again. They made certain that I had everything I needed to receive rebates and incentives.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Installed high efficiency furnace.