Lakes One Hour Heating and Air Conditioning

A25 REVIEWS

Founded 2013 • Angie's List since August 2014

1600 N. Milwaukee Ave. Ste 903

Lake Villa, IL 60046

Family owned business offering straightforward pricing with no overtime rates for weekends or nights. Guaranteed on-time arrival of our experienced, professional HVAC technicians, respectful of you and your home....

Heating and Air Conditioning (24)Dryer Vent Cleaning (1)

10/09/2019

This project went very well. I would definitely use this company again. They showed up when they said they would and did a great job.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Moved AC so that patio could be replaced and moved it back upon completion

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/04/2019

C

07/25/2019

We had a technician out for maintenance on our old AC unit. He cleaned the unit, added coolant, and added a kit to reduce the unit’s hard starting noise. Two days later, the unit was no longer producing cold air. Another tech came out and explained that the previous repair had compromised the system and all of the coolant had leaked out which would require additional repairs. I’m not sure if that’...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
AC Tune Up

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/24/2019

05/08/2019

Lakeland was incredible! Not only did they install immediately when our furnace died but did it witih knowledge, professionalism, and punctuality. I would highly recommend! Their followup as well as their team personally run by Phil Scheltens did a thorough and outstanding job. Joyce Freese

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Furnace and air conditioning service installation

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/01/2019

04/02/2019

Perfect! The team arrived on the day I needed and completed the job professionally, punctual, clean and thorough. I will be calling them annually for vent and duct cleaning.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dryer Vent Cleaning

CATEGORY dryer vent cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/02/2019

12/26/2018

Christmas Eve morning and no heat! I submitted a request and received a call within minutes. We made arrangements for a service call that morning. When the service guy was running late, I received a call explaining the delay. My furnace problem was fixed quickly and the price was reasonable. I will definitely call them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed the furnace fixed

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/24/2018

07/26/2018

My a/c broke at 9pm and I called Lakes One Hour and actually got a live person! They got to my home early afternoon the following day and diagnosed the problem and fixed it in short time. A part needed to be replaced and they recommended a proactive installation of an additional part to prolong the life of my unit. All in all I was only without air conditioning for less than 18 hours. I'm pleased ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repair air conditioner unit

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/26/2018

07/01/2018

The entire interaction was great! It was almost 100 degrees outside. Our ac just wasn’t keeping up. I called at 10 am and someone was out by 1:30-2:00. Had it up and running within 20 minutes!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Ac unit repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/29/2018

03/29/2017

It went very well. It was very good. He was very good. He was right on time. I am still thinking about the service contract. He did a good job, they are close by which is a perk, especially in an emergency. He was extremely thorough in explaining things, probably more than I needed to know.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I purchased a Big Deal for $29 for a furnace tune up. He did propose a service contract when he was out here, which I said I would think about it, and I have not done anything with it at this point and time.

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/10/2017

D

02/27/2017

Tech found cracked rivets in heat exchange. No issues with that. Problem was he told the occupants they should NOT use the furnace. They were very frightened. A different company verified finding noting that "should" be addressed by no need to immediately stop using unit. I did not appreciate the scare tactic.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Furnace cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/17/2017

02/06/2017

I would recommend LAKES HVAC every day of the week Phil was on time, friendly and very informative. he offered maintenance contracts with out being pushy and let me make a decision

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
furnace inspection

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/01/2017

HVAC, Cooling, Heating, Indoor Air Quality, & Gas Line Piping.

Not Applicable