MARK GOEBEL ENTERPRISES

Founded 1992 • Angie's List since July 2003

Mark Goebel Enterprises, Inc. sets the standard for landscaping services in Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin. ....................................................................... "Beyond Compare" is more than a space-holding term. Our approach, from the first telephone call to final completion will be to listen to your ideas and combine those with our expertise to co-create an exceptional design....

A-1 CONTRACTORS INC

A-1 Contractors business philosophy is simple, customer satisfaction through the best-built hardscape project. This philosophy is what separates us from the competition. A-1 Contractors, Inc. is a leader in the hardscape industry and has grown over the last 21 years to become the North Shores’ premier installer of brick pavers, natural stone, and concrete in the commercial and residential market. Our accomplishments have made us known as the most thorough and reliable hardscape contractor in the area. Our supervisory employees have an average of 8 to 10 years experience. All our employees are well trained, diligent, and motivated. Craftsmanship, a strict compliance to manufactures installation specifications, and attention to detail are core principles to our employees. They recognize that every project is a reflection of their abilities and A-1’s image in the industry. A-1 Contractors will establish a meeting for you with one of our professional sales staff. They will assist in the design of your project or work with an existing plan or idea you might have. From there a free estimate will be prepared, accompanied with an explanation of the installation process. From design to completion of construction you can be rest assured that A-1 Contractors will deliver a project of the utmost professionalism, craftsmanship and customer satisfaction. A-1 has grown steadily over the past 21 years and customer referrals have been the key to our success. 95% of our business is built on customer referrals. We believe the strongest sales tool a company can have is “happy customers” and because of that fact, A-1 has committed itself to keeping in step with advances in technology and innovation in the hardscape industry. This kind of commitment insures continued customer satisfaction and A-1’s future success… …as we always say, “nothing sells better than a happy customer.”

06/23/2018

Prompt and professional service. They showed up when they said they would and finished on-time. The work was meticulously done and the end result was exactly what I was looking for. Mark was very accommodating with the crazy requirements of the village of Lake Zurich. I interviewed a lot of contractors for this project, Mark stood way above the rest. I highly recommend Mark and his great team.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Residential Drainage

CATEGORY excavators, lawn service, drain pipe

Thanks [Member Name Removed], It was a pleasure working with you, and glad we were able to fix your severe drainage situation. Mark

10/14/2017

We had an existing landscape retaining Wall installed a few years ago. Over time it sagged. Called Goebel out and they corrected the problem in a couple of days. Men were very attentive and cooperative as well as Mr. Goebel. I would recommend them to anyone. Very satisfied.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Remove existing retaining wall and rebuild

CATEGORY landscaper, hardscaping

09/30/2017

It was okay, they did a good job. I'd give them "B's" across the board. I would not use them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Put bricks on driveway.

CATEGORY hardscaping

07/24/2017

Mark was very prompt in his estimates and arrived on time to all of our meetings. He worked with my ideas to guide me and develop the best possible design outcomes. His team was courteous and respectful of the adjacent landscapes and neighbors. The work was timely, neat, and very professional. It was noticeable that Mark had invested well in his equipment, as well as selecting talented team member...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Mark's team rebuilt a 5' tall by 60' long block retaining wall that supported a terraced yard section used to contain my in-the-ground pool. The 21 year old wall was sinking and beginning to fail. The blocks were still of a contemporary design so they were able to be reused saving me the cost of new blocks. The team power washed each block so the wall material now looks new. The team also expanded the adjacent pool patio deck area 8'x30' with pavers, and added in red lava rock as a boarder around the patio.

CATEGORY landscaper, hardscaping

05/22/2017

Yard looks great! He did mention some of my tree branches would be trimmed also but I didn't see that anything was done there.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Spring cleanup with edging and weeding mulch beds.

CATEGORY landscaper, lawn service, hardscaping

lawn maintenance, spring & fall clean ups, design & plant material installations, brick pavers, retainings walls

ask for details