Shower Repair LLC

Founded 1996 • Angie's List since October 2008

B Ranked | 43 Reviews

Shower Repair LLC, of Chicago, is a locally owned company established in 1996. We specialize in structural and cosmetic tile repair when waterproofing becomes an issue and grout, sealants, tiles and caulk have begun to age and fail. These failings are not necessarily plumbing issues, but typical wear and tear and indicative of greater problems. Our mission is to address your issues with a cost-effective solution. So why wait for water damage to become pervasive? Be proactive, and have it done right, the first time...

09/25/2018

Sent and email and no response. Tried to call repeatedly for a week at different times of the day. No response and no option to leave a voice mail and it always just said voice mail is full. Said yes to re hire only as it required me to choose an option.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
wanted to repair and re tile all 3 walls around my bathroom, good reviews and would have really liked to get an estimate and get the work done

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/25/2018

09/11/2017

Nick does superb work and is a master craftsman. He completed the job on schedule and on budget. Would hire him again, again and again. Great work, Nick!!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
tiling, shower installation, plumbing

CATEGORY bathtub refinishing, ceramic tile, flooring, plumbing

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/19/2017

06/08/2017

Several calls to this place just to get a call back. Nick said he could take a look, but I had to have somewhere for him to store his truck Also, he said he typically doesn't take jobs less than $500. After that he said he would try to get me in later in the week, but if not then the following week. That was the last I heard from him.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Looking to evaluate and potentially re-grout 3 showers.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/08/2017

You have the wrong guy. 90% of the work I do is under $500. I would never and have never said that. Also, "store my truck"? No idea what that means. 847 845 3110 is my cell if you would like to clear this up. Nick Lawson. Owner and dedicated shower guy.
D

06/24/2015

I called several times but no response.   From their website it seemed like the job would have been performed well.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I contacted the provider and they suggested I email pictures.  I provided the pictures of the job I wanted done and I never heard from them again.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/15/2014

06/16/2015

Never received a return phone call.  I attempted to reach him 3 times.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I called 3 times and never received a return phone call.   Based on this lack of service, I would not recommend this provider.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/15/2015

D

05/07/2015

never called back left 2 messages

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
never called me back

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/07/2015

06/16/2014

Nick did a fantastic job.  He fixed a leak in the shower, resealed everything, and fixed some damaged tiles both inside and outside the shower.  Then entire thing looked brand new when he was done.  When I told him I didn't have any extra of the original tiles, he looked under the  vanity in the bathroom, found some of the original tile under it, and used that.  Great work quality and real creativ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fixed a leak in the shower, resealed everything, and fixed tiling inside and outside of shower.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/14/2014

05/21/2014

It went really well.The results look great. We were able to reuse most of the components of the bathroom instead of having to buy new everything. The shower area had to get ripped back to the studs. We retiled the shower but opted not to replace all the tile on the walls of the rest of the room and instead returned them to plasterboard and paint. We tiled the floor. It took a little longer than I ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had an all tile bathroom. The original tile job was poorly done and needed to be replaced. The same tile had been used to create a built-in sink top so we needed a new sink top as well.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/08/2014

C

01/21/2014

I called and left a message asking for someone to call and set an appointment.  No one ever returned my call.  They might be great.  They might not.  But a business should return a call.  Period.

CATEGORY bathtub refinishing

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/13/2013

My sincere apologies. Communication is very important to me, I'm not sure what happened. If I had received your message I would have called you immediately. I hope your situation was resolved.

10/02/2013

He was here when he said he'd be, recognized and repaired the problem quickly, and is a really nice guy. No drama, impeccably honest, and showed me what to look for to avoid problems in the future. I recommend him highly!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Nick repaired my leaky stone tile shower and left it looking like new again.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/30/2013

Shower Tiles Removed & Reset, Moldy & Mildewed Caulk & Grout Replaced, Custom Grout Color, Wall Studs & Tile Backing Replaced, Tubs Refinished, Wall & Floor Tile Repair & Installation.