Kerr Home Services

• Trade License Expiration
  • 20120615

1205B Hartrey Ave

Evanston, IL 60202

Evanston-based home repair and handyman business, serving the North Shore of Chicago. We have 7 uniformed employees who do the majority of our work. Our handymen, and carpenters are professional and efficient. We take pride in good communication and building long-term relationships with our customers. All our work is performed hourly at $65 per hour, plus $25 travel for jobs less than 4 hours. Call or email us. GC LICENSE #: 07LIC-221....

handyman (124)plumbing (21)interior painting (20)drywall repair (18)woodworking (16)general contracting (14)home remodeling (13)electrical (13)home remodeling (12)door (11)lighting (11)window (10)

09/21/2020

trampoline assembly: didn’t show up

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had an appointment for September 21st at 9am, followed up Friday for appointment and heard nothing. Called this morning with no follow up. No one showed up.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/08/1970

I emailed to try to reschedule the week before, due to a scheduling conflict. I'm sorry we were not able to get the work done when you needed it. Andrew

08/06/2020

I am thrilled with the service that I received. He was very professional and put up my mirrors very fast. I would definitely recommend Kerr Home Services. Thanks again!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Hanging large mirrors on a wall

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/11/2020

06/22/2020

Kerr Home Services has been a life saver for our family. We moved last year into a 1924 colonial that was badly in need of updating. Andrew and his entire team are top-notch, and especially Yuri, who has done so much for us. They are honest, hard-working, extremely competent, and deliver the work with a high level of skill. I am so grateful we found them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We have used them for all kinds of projects over the last year or so.

CATEGORY contractors,drywall,handyman service,masonry,plastering,woodworking,doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/22/2020

09/15/2019

I had a long list of projects that needed to be done, some smaller, some larger. Yuri was here working diligently the entire day. He fixed everything well, and even asked about fixing things I didn’t ask him to fix ( he saw that the dryer vent needed to be cleaned out when he was up on the ladder looking at the exhaust fan for my bathroom and cleared that out as well. He was very punctual, friendl...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had a long list of projects that needed to be done, some smaller some larger.

CATEGORY handyman service,plumbing

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/22/2019

09/13/2019

They were good. Really a skill craft person, polite, explain well.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fix door bell,

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/13/2019

03/15/2019

Excellent! I am now able to control lights in my house from my smartphone. They clearly knew how to deal with these types of switches. As for the storm door, they did a really nice job of repairing the wood and the door apparatus. It loos and functions as if there was nothing wrong.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Electrical installing Lutron Caseta smart switches, repairing other existing switches in the house; repaired storm door at the front of our house that was severely damaged by recent wind storms.

CATEGORY electrician,handyman service

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/15/2019

01/24/2019

Our older home has a lot of character but also requires a lot of work (fixtures, flooring, plumbing, electric, wear and tear, renovations, you name it). We have had many experiences with handymen over the years. Many of these experiences have been positive, but nobody compares to the work we have had done by Kerr Home Services-- particularly in customer service and professionalism. Ever since we d...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Multiple odd jobs around the home, two larger projects including carpentry and flooring

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/23/2019

12/18/2018

My front door and side lites are made of fiberglass and the stain had faded away over the years. I didn't need re-staining on the inside, just the outside. I had contacted the service provider late last year but it got too cold to do the job. This year it got done in October on a nice day. Yuri was sent out to my house with several colors of stain but none of them matched. He went and got more sta...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Staining front door

CATEGORY handyman service,house painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/18/2018

11/19/2018

All items fixed and the work was performed quickly at a reasonable price.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fixing light fixtures and a ceiling fan.

CATEGORY electrician,handyman service

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/19/2018

09/05/2018

Responded over the Labor Day weekend, made someone available the Tuesday following, arrived on time, provided a creative and inexpensive solution, cleaned up nicely. Exactly what we needed and for less than anticipated.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Build out a rack to level under new washer and dryer and move laundry basin

CATEGORY handyman service,plumbing

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/05/2018

Glad it all went well, [Member Name Removed]. Thanks for the review. Andrew

Handymen Services – Carpentry, Electrical, Plumbing, Tiling, Painting, Drywall, & General Repairs.

Heating & AC, Major Electrical, & Major Plumbing.

Check, Visa