Gorman Restoration & Decorating Inc

B70 REVIEWS

Founded 1980 • Angie's List since July 2009

Hours are not available for this pro right now. Please check back later.

2212 Central St

Evanston, IL, 60201

I fix, paint, repair, remodel decks, kitchens, faucets, bathrooms, flooring, cabinets and more. My crew and I will complete just about any home improvement or maintenance project at rates that fit into just about any budget. The table at the bottom of this page shows most of our carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing and maintenance services. We go beyond traditional handyman services in providing 24/7 emergency cleanup and repairs for Chicago's North Shore when storm waters cause basement flooding and water damage. No job is too small or too large for us....

Handyman Services (58)Electrical (14)Finished Carpentry and Woodworking (10)Doors (9)Deck Maintenance (8)Windows (8)Interior Painting (7)Exterior Painting (5)Drywall (5)Appliance Repair (4)Lighting (4)Ceramic Tile (3)

07/15/2019

Awful experience. Lots of promises and even more under-delivery. Hired him to strip and stain my deck. They talked me into replacing the decking and then staining it. Deck now looks worse than it did prior to the work. The stain has left dark spots in multiple areas, and in some instances Im convinced they used paint and not stain as it looks like a completely different surface. They also left a p...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Deck Remodel

CATEGORY handyman service, deck cleaning, woodworking, house painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/20/2019

04/04/2019

His proposal came in at $2,600 for the storm window portion of the project. His proposal stated it would take a "Team of two journeyman carpenters for installation over two days." This implied it would take 32 hours to install 6 storm windows. I know for a fact I could install each window in an hour or even less. I emailed him thanking him for his proposal but I decided to go with someone else. He...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed 6 storm windows installed

CATEGORY handyman service

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/04/2019

02/04/2017

The job turned out great. We are very pleased and plan on using Lucky again on some other projects we have in mind.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Lucky helped us remove a wall in order to open up our kitchen into a larger living space. His bid was reasonable, his guys showed up on time and were very professional, and Lucky oversaw the job as it unfolded.

CATEGORY drywall, electrician, flooring, handyman service, woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/03/2017

01/01/2017

Very professional job.  Came in with tarps for the floors.  Knew exactly what they had to do to resolve my issues.  Very happy with the service provided and would definitely recommend for electrical projects.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Rewired and added several more circuits to electric panel because of circuit overload issues.

CATEGORY electrician

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/21/2016

10/19/2016

Superb. The handyman saved at least a thousand dollars compared to what the foundation company would have charged me.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I called to get a handyman to remove a deck attached to my home as a prerequisite for foundation work I needed on my home. I also had to have a sidewalk along the side of my home removed.

CATEGORY appliance repair, handyman service

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/08/2016

09/18/2016

great service at reasonable prices!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Gorman electrical was the most professional service I have used in Chicago. They were prompt, knowledgable and reasonably priced. I would use them again for my electrical needs.

CATEGORY electrician, handyman service

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/06/2016

07/13/2016

Overall, it took over a month to complete both parts. Got the deck repairs done quickly but then waited for weeks for the wash/stain. To be fair, some delays were due to weather and others because they did not order the stain in advance. I was satisfied with the deck repairs although I thought the price was high for the amount of time they spent. The cleaning and staining went better....the stain ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I have a 15 year old garage deck that needed repairs including some new deck boards, stair treads and handrails. Additionally, I hired Lucky to then pressure wash and stain the deck.

CATEGORY handyman service, deck cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/11/2016

07/12/2016

Lucky and his team were great. They arrived on time and were very professional. Gorman Restoration provided quality work at a great price. I would highly recommend Gorman Restoration!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The provider fixed a broken sliding door and handle. They also fixed several crank windows in the residential building

CATEGORY handyman service, replacement windows, doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/12/2016

05/10/2016

Worker appeared on time and completed job in expeditions manner. Quality of work is excellent! Color matches exactly after he utilized his own paint.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Scraped area of ceiling to correct damage from water leak. Refinished and joined to wall, then repainted.

CATEGORY drywall, handyman service, water damage restoration, interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/27/2016

05/07/2016

Horrible. This has been a nightmare. They took my deposit, made me purchase 4 gallons of paint from their friend, told me they would complete a list of work satisfactorily. None of this was accomplished. The pressure washing wasn't complete and they had to send someone out to redo. When the "painters" arrived they had no idea what the project was because Lucky subcontracted them and never gave the...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They were supposed to pressure wash, stain, and seal fence. Also pressure wash concrete around house.

CATEGORY handyman service