S & S Appliance Service

A 242 Reviews

Founded 1956 • Angie's List since June 2009

Awards & Badges

Elk Grove Village, IL 60007

In business since 1956 , family owned and operated. If you need service please call (847) 985-2266. Award winning. We only repair washers, dryers, refrigerators, and stoves/ovens. Specializing in Maytag Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Kenmore, Frigidaire, and many other American made brands. We do not repair Bosch, LG or Samsung appliances. Look forward to serving you...

appliance repair (236)small appliance repair (8)appliance refinishing (6)dryer vent cleaning (2)window treatment (1)

01/04/2021

Nick was great. He scheduled my service quickly, was professional, knowledgeable and thorough. I've already been referring friends to him and will definitely call him again when needed. Such a relief to find someone you can trust!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dryer repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/31/2020

Thank you very much for writing a great review. I really do appreciate it.

12/05/2020

The projects went very well. Nick was prompt, courteous, and did very good work. His prices were fair, and I will use him again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Nick fixed our dryer one week and our washer the next week!

CATEGORY appliance refinishing

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/05/2020

Thank you for leaving the review. I really appreciate it.

11/19/2020

Fantastic - S&S provided a great service and are definitely someone that I will contact for future repairs.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Oven keypad

CATEGORY appliance refinishing

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/12/2020

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We really appreciate it.

09/14/2020

Nick called 15 minutes before arriving, quickly identified the problem and repaired the dryer very quickly. Nick is an excellent repair professional that charges a fair price for excellent work!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Gas Ignition was broken

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/14/2020

Thanks for writing a review, I really appreciate it.

08/20/2020

I called Nick because the washing machine was clicking during the washing cycle. Nick called me back, and he was able to fit me into his schedule on that very same day. He right away diagnosed the problem and he was able to fix it within 30 minutes. He also applied the Angie's list coupon automatically. Nick has worked on serveral of my appliances. He is always thorough and he quickly repairs the ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Washing machine was not properly agitating.

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/20/2020

Thank you very much for leaving such a great review.

08/06/2020

Very well. He knew what the problem was right away. Had the parts in his truck.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Checking my Dryer. Very low heat to dry the clothes.

CATEGORY small appliance repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/04/2020

Thank you for leaving a wonderful review. I am glad everything went well. If you ever need anything just give me a call.

08/04/2020

He did a great job. The dryer works great and I was advised even though it's old, it's a Whirlpool and will last for years so it was worth fixing. Honest and professional

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My dryer would not heat at all.

CATEGORY appliance repair,appliance refinishing

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/15/2020

Thank you for leaving me a great review

07/18/2020

excellent Nick came out from S&S knew the problem had the part and 20 minutes later all done.Appliance problems call S&S I know I will.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
dryer burner coil

CATEGORY appliance repair,appliance refinishing

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/30/2020

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review

05/27/2020

Nick knew exactly how to deal with my Kenmore Washer & Dryer. He diagnosed the issue with the dryer almost immediately, & was able to fix & replace the parts due to the fact that he had all the parts in his van. He explained everything to me as he went along. He was able to come the next day, instead of me having to wait much longer for Sears to come. I would definitely recommend Nick & hire him a...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fix/clean dryer & washer

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/13/2020

Thank you for writing an awesome review.! I really appreciate when people take the time. Have a great day.

05/08/2020

Wonderful Nick Scavo the owner was very pleasant and got the bottom freezer to open and closed and ordered the parts and fix it completely a few days later,

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
bottom freezer door would not open or close-partially open

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/08/2020

Thank you very much. I’m glad it all worked out.

Please call 847-985-2266 today for your appliance repair needs! We specialize in washing machine repair, dryer, refrigerator repair, oven & stove repair.

We can not scheduled appointments fast via e-mail, because we only check it once a day, so if you need service please call 847-985-2266 We do NOT work on LG, or Samsung appliances such as dishwashers .