The Plumbing Department Inc

A122 REVIEWS

Founded 2014 • Angie's List since April 2014

1511 N Artesian Ave

Chicago, IL, 60622

"SPRING SPECIAL" 20% OFF any service call. The Plumbing Department was recently Awarded 2017 Super Service Award in FIVE categories. Give us a call to schedule an appointment 773-617-3686...

Plumbing (117)Drain Cleaning (24)Water Heaters (13)Sewer Cleaning (9)Drain Pipe Installation (3)Wells and Pumps (2)Valves (1)

12/17/2018

really well!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
diagnose kitchen sink leak & replace it

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/07/2018

05/13/2015

The work done was very good, but I wish they had cleaned up better afterwards.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/04/2015

Thank you for the review. I strive very hard to be very clean and conscious of my workspace. I wear shoe covers in the home and lay down a mat at my workspace. I truly am sorry if I over looked my area, and again thank you for the straight A report

05/11/2015

We called The Plumbing Department Inc. in a panic on a Saturday afternoon after several attempts of trying to unclog our toilet. Jeff scheduled a visit with us that same day and provided us with a two-hour window during which he'd arrive, and even followed up with a text when he had a more accurate ETA. He was very prompt, professional and neat--he left our bathroom spotless after completing the j...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Unclogged our toilet

CATEGORY plumbing, drain cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/09/2015

Thank you very much for the kind review!!!!

04/25/2015

Have used Jeff on a number of occasions and each time he completes the jobs in a efficient and professional manner.  He is my first and only call when I am in need of a plumber.  Would highly recommend his services.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced broken tub drain pipe

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/25/2015

Thank you very much for the kind review. I appreciate the work!!!

12/31/2014

Jeff did a great job. He was very professional and timely. He came to the house within 1 hour of my call requesting him to look at the kitchen sink/disposal/dishwasher which were all backed up. Jeff cleared the clog and thoroughly flushed the lines. He was very careful not to make a mess and cleaned up once he was finished. Overall job took about 1 hour. All three are now working great. More impor...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Jeff cleared our clogged kitchen sink (sink/disposal/dishwasher).

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/31/2014

Rodding a kitchen drain line with grease and food waste can sometimes be messy, so I prepare the cabinet and flooring to be covered with rags and mats. I try my best to leave my work area cleaner then when I arrived. Thank you for the review and I appreciate the work.

11/17/2014

I thought I had a water leak. My water bill was huge. Jeff came out in a timely fashion. He spent a lot of time with me and answered all of my questions while explaining everything. He was very thorough. I would recommend The Plumbing Department Inc. to anyone who has a plumbing issue.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They investigated a possible water leak.

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/03/2014

Thank you for the kind review. This call ended up being an inspection on her plumbing system due to a high water bill (tripled from last bill). After looking over all possibilities we narrowed it down and her next water bill should be back to normal. Thanks again Jeff The Plumbing Department Inc.

10/30/2014

he's a fine, efficient, personable, trust worthy plumber.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Arrived quickly in the evening and diagnosed problem, made sure no water would leak from broken water heater. Was willing to take me shopping for new water heater that night, recommended proper new water heater, which I purchased, along with fixings. Was willing to do repair that night, but this wasn't feasible in a condo with neighbors. Returned early the following morning, removed and hauled away broken water heater, installed customer owned new water heater and copper pipes, repaired badly installed pipes, installed customer purchased drip pan, installed it.

CATEGORY plumbing, water heater repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/23/2014

I would like to thank you for rewarding me with the work. We took a ride at 9:00 pm to the home depot that evening where [member name removed] purchased her water heater. [Member name removed] is a very knowledgable person, it was a joy to hear about stories from her past regarding work and her family. This is one of the benefits of my job to meet interesting people such as [member name removed]!!...

05/29/2014

It went very well. it took him about an hour and a half to get the job done and my basement is no longer flooding!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
he unclogged the drain in the basement that leads to the main sewer to the street.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/08/2014

05/23/2014

I saw about an inch of water on the basement floor. Called Jeff and he located the leak on the thermal expansion tank. He replaced the tank and gave me a sensor to place on the basement floor. This sensor will buzz if there is water on the floor avoiding future water damage. He also connected the water line to my new refrigerator. Jeff is always quick to respond to my calls and when he arrives he ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Removed existing water heater thermal expansion tank and replaced with new watts 2 gallon expansion tank. Connected existing 1/4" copper supply liine to new refrigerator for ice maker.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/17/2014

I really appreciate you having me out to fix the leak at the expansion tank. When I arrived there was a large amount of water that had pooled up around the water heaters and started to venture into other parts of the basement. Although the leak was minor, over time it made a real mess! Thanks again for the work.

05/02/2014

My toilet was constantly flushing and the water bill was extremely high. Called the Plumbing Department and Jeff scheduled a visit shortly after my call. He arrived promptly. He showed me the problem and explained what needed to be done. He completed the work efficiently and neatly. He also gave me helpful information on what I could have done to prevent having such a huge water bill. The price in...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Supply and install new Zoeller sump pump with new check valve. Modify pvc piping to accommodate. Rebuilt two Kohler toilets. Includes new fill valve, douglas valve, flapper assembly, trip lever, isolation valve at wall and new supply line.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/27/2014

Thank you I appreciate the work!!