S N Peck Builder, Inc

A 172 Reviews

Founded 1982 • Angie's List since May 2006

1647 W Fulton St

Chicago, IL 60612

For more than a quarter of a century, S. N. Peck Builder, Inc. has provided Chicago area residents the very finest in service and craftsmanship in the industry. At S. N. Peck Builder, our obsession with quality, value, and impeccable client service is the result of our desire to produce the finest work possible at a reasonable price. We are here to assist you (and, if desired, guide you) through every stage of the process. We will take the time to really understand your needs and your vision, create a detailed project plan, adhere to a carefully planned work schedule, select and source the ideal materials and finishes, and help you to maximize your remodeling investment. We enjoy a well-earned reputation for sharing intelligent and sensible advice with our clients, and we have the knowledge, experience, and foresight to anticipate the unexpected, identify and resolve potential problems before they occur, and manage the entire project with the utmost skill, dedication, and professionalism at every stage of the process. Our commitment to excellence extends to the community and the environment. Chicago is our home, and our roots here run deep and strong. Our LEED AP certified founder, Neil Peck, is honored to serve as President of the Windy City Habitat for Humanity, and our entire staff is dedicated to supporting community enrichment and promoting mindful sustainable living. We are always excited to share our expertise regarding innovative energy-saving options and green building techniques with our clients. Also formerly known as: Case Handyman & Remodeling. ...

handyman (142)woodworking (23)home remodeling (20)door (14)deck building (13)home remodeling (8)drywall repair (8)interior painting (7)water and smoke damage (6)plumbing (6)lighting (6)electrical (6)

10/29/2018

SN did a good job with the project. I would recommend them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Deck stairs replaced

CATEGORY decks,woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/29/2018

Thank you [Member Name Removed]! We appreciate the great review! It was a pleasure to serve you.

04/19/2018

Very well, everything turned out fine. I probably had 5-6 different guys in over two weeks. They were professional, friendly, and cleaned up after themselves. They did it on short notice and got my project squeezed in.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Interior remodel, added a closet, and extended a closet by the main area.

CATEGORY decks

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/08/2018

Thanks [Member Name Removed]! We're happy that we could take care of you! We look forward to working with you in the future! Marcia Hundt, General Manager

03/13/2017

All contracted tasks were completed. It was a smaller project than originally anticipated, because I decided to keep the existing sound insulation of carpet and not install hardwood flooring in two rooms. I loved their old world personability and nearby location (my general contractor Tammy replied to emails by driving over to my place and talking to me in person, and their veteran President is a ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
A range of handywork, as a first-time homeowner: 1) repairs to electrical subpanel and wiring 2) anti-tip for dishwasher 3) mantel installation and tile removal 4) caulking 5) drywall gap repair

CATEGORY electrician,handyman service

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/13/2017

02/18/2017

The first time they came the woman was pretty late but I think that is unusual for them and she apologized a lot. It was higher then I wanted.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I used S N Peck Builder, Inc  for a walk through but did not use them. It was for various carpentry work.

CATEGORY woodworking

01/03/2017

terrrible. I called and person answered were not knowledgeable.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Called and were very unhelpful

CATEGORY handyman service,woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/03/2017

10/08/2016

NO COMPLAiNTS work done in a timely manner excelient workmanship clean personal care and consideration I have hired the company to do additional work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
remove and replace wall and double door    remove and replace decking and roofing    remove and replace  building sideing  secured interior of house from further damage

CATEGORY decks,handyman service,water damage restoration,doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/23/2016

C

07/26/2016

Tammy came out to my home and was very nice and seemed to be very informed. I showed her the work I wanted done and she took measurements. It took a while to hear back with an estimate and then when I finally did hear back from someone in their office, I was informed that they refuse to give estimates via phone, email, or mail. They stated that it was not enough that I took time from work to have ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Work was not done but I needed some doors rehung and work on my stairs and a railing

CATEGORY handyman service

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/20/2016

12/12/2015

We were very pleased with the services provided by S.N.Peck.  They worked closely with us throughout process, showed up on time, delivered quality services and were very pleasant to deal with.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Kitchen and bathroom remodel, refinish hardwood floors, paint all walls in small condo.

CATEGORY flooring,handyman service,hardwood floor repair,remodeling,bathroom & kitchen remodeling,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/01/2015

06/02/2015

Punctual arrival for estimate which was accurate. The work was easy to schedule and completed in a very reasonable time frame.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Major repair on a door and door frame that leads outside that had gotten water damaged and was rotting out.  Installed proper flashing to prevent future water damage and replaced frame and door. Also, performed some minor drywall patching.

CATEGORY drywall,handyman service,water damage restoration,doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/22/2015

Thanks for the great review! We are so happy that you are satisfied with our work.

07/11/2014

Overall a very good experience.  The work was good quality and the contractor was great, very professional.  The project time frame went over the estimate by a day, but not too bad.  Would definitely use them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Helped finish a bathroom remodel; replaced sub-floor, installed cement board and laid wall/floor tiles.

CATEGORY ceramic tile,flooring,handyman service,bathroom & kitchen remodeling

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/24/2014

[member name removed], Thank you for the wonderful review! I'm so glad that Marc did a good job for you. I know it took a bit longer but Marc was committed to completing the work with the quality expected. Thank you.

Home repair and remodeling services, renovating, remodeling, building, constructing, repairing & redesigning of:apartments in high rise buildings, corporate headquarters, new single family homes, lobbies, apartments & condominiums, retail stores, additions & interiors, loft conversions, warehouses & business offices.

Appliance Repairs