Reliable Auto Repair Center Inc

A 284 Reviews

Founded 1991 • Angie's List since August 2002

3401 N Ashland Ave

Chicago, IL 60657

Family owned business for 20+ years at the same location. Serving the North Side since 1991....

auto repair (269)auto body repair (14)tire buying and repair (12)transmission service (11)muffler repair (10)car inspection (8)auto store (2)

10/19/2020

They always look for an excuse not to validate the warranty, and when they no longer have excuses they will tell you "Your car is very old."

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Severals services in 5 years

CATEGORY

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/19/2020

C

11/01/2019

The mechanical work was done fine and the price was fair. However. They left the inside of the car grubby. My light colored upholstery had dirt and greasy grim all over it.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed a general check up and routine maintenance.

CATEGORY auto repair,car tires

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/21/2019

04/24/2019

They were excellent. Great prices and very friendly and professional . Got me in right away.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New starter

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/24/2019

11/06/2017

Great. These guys are unbelievable—you can just tell they are 100% honest which may be a first for an auto body shop. And forget the Lexus dealer. This would have been at least 3 or 4 times more there

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Auto body work

CATEGORY auto body repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/06/2017

09/27/2017

They were fast, efficient and professional.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Road trip inspection/maintenance

CATEGORY auto repair,car inspections

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/27/2017

09/25/2017

I took my car to Reliable because the price to do the axles would be $600 instead of $1700. When the car was inspected, I was told that my axles did not need to be replaced. They checked the vibration caused when I bracked at high speeds and found that the rotors needed to be resurfaced and not replaced. I will never go back to Honda again. Reliable is honest and reasonable pricingl

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I was told by the Honda dealer, that I had been going to for 11 years, that my car needed both front axles replaced for a total of $1700. I was also told that my rotors were warped and would need replacement

CATEGORY auto repair,car inspections

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/19/2017

07/24/2017

It was excellent. For all I knew, I faced possible major repairs, but Reliable was great. They diagnosed a bad fuse on one of the fans and a failing radiator cap. I am recommending to my daughter that she take both of her cars to Reliable for any service. I would make the same recommendation to anyone.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I drove car from Eugene, Oregon to Chicago to give it to my daughter and her fiance who were just moving to that city. The car is a 17 year old Acura that I had owned from new and it only had 116,000 miles on it. With trade in value being low, I thought it made sense to keep it in the family. The car overheated in Des Moines then seemed to periodically run hotter than normal remaining trip into Chicago. I took it to Reliable based on reviews in the Chicago area and I could not have made a better decision. They diagnosed that it was a fuse for one of the fans and that the radiator cap had gone bad.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/24/2017

07/24/2017

I was coming into a city completely new to me. Had driven from Oregon to give this car to my daughter who had just moved to Chicago. The people at reliable were absolutely great! I am encouraging my daughter and her fiancé to make this their regular auto shop. Sincerely, Dave Hubin, Eugene Oregon

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Diagnosed overheating on 2000 Acura 3.2 TL. Found to be a fuse on one fan and a bad radiator cap.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/23/2017

05/16/2017

Very honest!! He is professional and friendly and works very fast. They are the nicest people that own this shop. They are what their name says-they are reliable!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
He changed the oil in my car the last time I was there but I go to him for every car problem I have.

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/01/2017

05/16/2017

I can always trust Andy to honestly tell me what my car needs. His shop does the work well and in a timely fashion. If I ever have a problem after a job has been done, Andy has been very professional and responsive in resolving the issue.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I have used Reliable for all my auto maintenance and repairs over the last 6 years. Cars have included Mercedes E, Audi A8 and Honda Insight. I have also had some body work done by their shop.

CATEGORY auto body repair,auto repair,car tires,transmission repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/16/2017

General Automotive Repair including Electrical Diagnostic and Repair. All Makes, All Models. Foreign and Domestic vehicles. Oil Changes, Tune Ups, Regular Maintenance.

American Express, Discover, MasterCard, Visa