North Shore Painting & Restoration

Founded 2001 • Angie's List since March 2011

Awards & Badges

3432 W Diversey Ave

Chicago, IL 60647

North Shore Painting & Restoration is a full service painting company serving North Shore, Chicago and Suburbs for over 16 years. We have the resources, qualifications and experience necessary to meet all your Residential, Commercial and Green painting needs. We are a highly motivated group and looking forward to working with you on your upcoming projects. A good paint job is a smart investment in your property. To be completely honest there's a lot more to a great paint job than just applying the architectural coating to the substrate. From choosing the right colors and brand of paint for your job to the preparation, sanding and filling to the actual painting and finally the clean up and touch up we provide value through our exceptional service. Our company strive for excellence every time we paint. We believe it's important that you know we're properly bonded and insured. We're protecting you and your property, which gives you peace of mind....

interior painting (363)house painting (122)drywall (49)plastering (26)woodworking (21)cabinet refacing (15)deck cleaning (14)wallpaper removal (9)pressure washing (8)water damage restoration (8)general contractors (7)lead paint removal (6)

12/28/2020

Jiri the owner is great - very professional, responsive, and committed to doing exceptional work. I've used him for several jobs over the last few years and have been happy every time. Would highly recommend.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Interior painting (kids rooms, main living area, etc) and exterior trim.

CATEGORY contractors,house painters,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/28/2020

12/23/2020

So happy with this vendor. After a botched painting job (by me!) I needed someone to fix my mess. Jiri responded to my inquiry immediately, promptly scheduled a site visit and provided a quote. His team was excellent. They arrived on-time, followed all Covid safety protocols, did an EXCELLENT job, and left the place spotless. Next time I need any work done, North Shore is my first (and only) call....

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Re-paint wall in my son's bedroom following some water damage from the upstairs unit. Painted bathroom as well.

CATEGORY interior painters,lead paint removal

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/23/2020

D

11/20/2020

The quote that I received was way to high! They never called me to follow up if I was going to go with them. Not a good sign! Got work done for a great price and professional job done ✅

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
My entire Condo Painted 1400 square feet

CATEGORY cabinet refacing

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/20/2020

10/24/2020

No reply following several attempts to reach them. Then an outrageous quote after needing to remind them to respond. Had my job completed elsewhere for $300 after receiving their quote for $1875.00. Just say no if you don’t want the job.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Exterior Doris painted

CATEGORY house painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/24/2020

07/19/2020

I hired Northshore Painting & Restoration to have my kitchen cabinet painted white. I highly recommend this company for cabinet painting. I contacted 4 companies for this project. I picked this company because Jiri, the owner, was the only one that recommended spraying the cabinet boxes with lacquer instead of brushing/rolling to paint the cabinet boxes white. Spraying with lacquer would create be...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Kitchen cabinet painting

CATEGORY interior painters,cabinet refacing

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/18/2020

07/09/2020

I’d like to recommend a contractor. Northshore Painting and Restoration just finished painting over our wood stained cabinets. The job turned out perfectly. What I liked most was they took the cabinet doors to their shop to sand and prime them before painting them with the proper kind of paint. This prevented the VOC of the primer and paint to be present in the kitchen. They matched it to the pain...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Stained cabinets sanded, primed, and painted over

CATEGORY interior painters,cabinet refacing

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/29/2020

03/20/2020

Jiri was well mannered and professional and answered all questions. The work, performed by members of his team of excellent and courteous experienced workers. the drywall job started on a Wednesday and completed the following Monday. Painting started on Tuesday and were done Thursday, only to come back Friday morning for any touch ups, which handled in 2.5 hours!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Drywall installed on 1st level ceiling and paint ceiling and walls on 1st level.

CATEGORY drywall,interior painters

01/28/2020

Jiri was easy to reach and responsive. Work was done quickly and efficiently. However, rather than removing the socket plates before painting, the painters simply painted over them and now we can't use that socket as it's clogged with paint.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Interior painting of dining room and hallway

CATEGORY interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/06/2020

11/26/2019

Estimate was thorough, price was great, job was completed by day requested.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Plaster repair and painting

CATEGORY plastering,interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/22/2019

03/23/2019

Jeri and Gabriel did a fantastic job painting 2 rooms in our house, as well as some wood trim, doors, and patching. I left a message to schedule a walk-through and Jeri replied right away. We also changed the scope of our project a couple of times and Jeri was very flexible and willing to accommodate us throughout the planning. Finally, after one room was completed we realized we didn't like the c...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Painting walls, woodwork, doors, and patching

CATEGORY interior painters