Mr. Handyman of Lincoln Park

B 178 Reviews

Founded 2008 • Angie's List since May 2013

Chicago, IL 60657

Family owned and operated. Mr Handyman uses only uniformed full time employees who must pass drug screens and criminal background checks. We are a licensed Electrical Contractor as well as a Handyman service. Our technicians average 15 years experience in home repair and remodeling. This assures you of a safe, worry-free job that is completed by an expert. Additional phone numbers - (800) 289-4600, (866) 231-5643. Additional DBAs - JRH Handyman Service LLC, Mr Handyman International LLC, Mr Handyman....

handyman (155)plumbing (33)electrical (29)woodworking (15)lighting (15)drywall repair (15)door (12)tile installation (12)general contracting (11)interior painting (10)ceiling fan installation (10)drain cleaning (6)

09/06/2020

Very good communication with mr. handyman, tech prompt and very professional. Only issue is that it seemed a bit on the expensive side for work done but non the less happy with the results.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Had 2 outlets done, one on a ceiling and on a wall that needed to be installed.

CATEGORY electrician

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/04/2020

07/01/2020

All went well. Just a note when you are running a bit late please call and inform client. Thank you.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Assemble tv stand

CATEGORY handyman service,appliance sales

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/25/2020

Thank you for leaving us a positive review. I apologize that our staff didn't call you to let you know the technician was running late. We look forward to assisting you with your next handyman project.
C

01/29/2020

Service was just okay. I expected a much more professional job for the price paid. The bill was $345 for two hours work with materials. I had asked about a second job in the bathroom, but they needed to purchase an additional part in order to do the work. I was still charged for the parts they purchased that were not used or left behind.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Caulking for kitchen sink.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/22/2020

09/18/2019

John was excellent. Extremely punctual. He was creative and strategic in putting up the wood panels and closet racks. We asked him if he had time to fix a few other items and he said yes. He was very honest with the work he completed and even the materials he purchased. John provided receipts and even discounted an item he was returning. We asked him questions if certain items should be fixed and ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Work in closets, closet door track, food disposal

CATEGORY ceramic tile,closet systems,electrician,handyman service,woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/31/2019

We appreciate your positive feedback. Please call us at 312-751-2501 if we can help you in the future. We also do plumbing, electrical, drywall, tile and many more jobs. We look forward to working with you again.
D

08/28/2019

I hired Mr Handyman to do a small repair on my rear porch. That was done competently, no more. A week or so later I contacted mr. Handyman with another small job. Hanging a single piece of drywall skim coating it. the response was that the same Workman who had on the job a week or so before claim the job would take a full day and would cost almost $1,000. it would have been much more professional ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Caroentry,Carpentry, Drywall

CATEGORY drywall,handyman service,woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/27/2019

We are glad that the first service we provided was to your satisfaction. All of our technicians have at least 20 years of experience or more in the trades. No job is too small for us, in fact we have a minimum charge of 1 hour. The technician we previously sent is a master carpenter with over 25 years of experience, not just some dude with a hammer and a drill. When you had asked us for an estimat...
C

06/12/2019

The estimate is higher than I was given verbally, but they are working with me. Finally complete.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fix lights in bathroon medicine cabinets

CATEGORY electrician,handyman service

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/19/2019

We appreciate your feedback. I am glad we were able to complete the project for you. We look forward to working with you in the future.

06/09/2019

I loved the amount of detail that was used in making sure everything was at the right height. I wanted my pictures to be hung like in a gallery. It was spot on. The guy who came was friendly, professional, respectful and very trustworthy. I will be calling them to hang a light once it gets delivered.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Hanging Curtain Rods, paintings, and photos

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/29/2019

We appreciate the positive review. We look forward to working with you again.

11/13/2018

Fine but one of the wall hangings fell down so I had to fix it myself.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
wall hanging and furniture assembly

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/13/2018

We appreciate your feedback. I apologize your wall hanging fell down. Please call right away when this happens and we will come back and fix it for you at no charge. We hope to do business with you again. Thanks for the positive feedback.

10/02/2018

Good, although Handyman needed to use my tools.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace exterior electrical outlet

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/02/2018

[Member Name Removed] thanks for the positive feedback. Our technicians should always carry their tools on their vans. They shouldn't have to use your tools. I apologize for that. I will make sure this doesn't happen in the future. We appreciate your feedback!

10/02/2018

Went very well, although tradesman was late and needed to use my tools.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace outdoor electrical outlet.

CATEGORY electrician,handyman service

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/06/2018

[Member Name Removed] Thanks for the positive feedback! We apologize the technician was late. Sometimes the job before you can go longer or shorter than we anticipate. We will take your feedback to heart and work to further improve our communication with customers going forward. We look forward to working with you in the future.

Handyman Services. Faucet Installation & Repair. Ceiling Fans. Light Fixtures, Electrical Troubleshooting & Repair. Caulk & Grout. Tile & Flooring Installation & Repair. Cabinetry, Counters. Paint. Closet Organizers. Drywall. Plaster Repairs. Window Treatments. Door Repairs. Bookcases. Furniture Assembly. Molding. Trim, Custom Carpentry. Hanging Mirrors & Paintings. Miscellaneous Repairs. Insulation & Weatherstripping. Light Bulbs. Gutter Repair & Cleaning. Deck & Exterior Repair.

Roof Repairs. Appliance Repair & Foundation