Lookswell Painting and Handyman Services

Awards & Badges

Award 2019

1951 W Cortland

Chicago, IL 60622

Changed to: No subcontractors. Cost is determined with a free no-hassle estimate. Email- lookswellpainting@gmail.com (no additional email listed) Address- 1951 W Cortland, Chicago, IL 60622 (No additional Address) An award winning company, Lookswell Painting Inc. has been family owned and operated since 1963. We offer full service painting services, as well as drywall repair. As a licensed contractor we offer complete residential and commercial painting services. We bring to the table over 35 years of experience and the finest quality materials to make sure that your job is completed to your utmost satisfaction. ...

Interior Painting (313)Drywall (77)Exterior Painting (53)Plaster (28)Cabinet Refacing and Refinishing (27)Wallpaper (25)Finished Carpentry and Woodworking (10)Water and Smoke Damage (9)Cabinet Making (5)Decks and Porches (5)Wallpaper Removal (4)Deck Maintenance (4)

12/18/2019

Lookswell did a wonderful job. They were flexible in working around the schedule of the door delivery to our house, and put three coats of varnish on the doors. They have done a lot of other painting of the interior of our house, and I expect nothing less than superb work from them. I was not disappointed!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We needed to have mahogany doors sealed from the weather.

CATEGORY interior painters, doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/18/2019

10/17/2019

We first used Lookswell more than 30 years ago when we lived in Chicago before heading out to Barrington to raise a family. We used many different painting contractors over the years in our home there. Two years ago, as empty nesters, we bought a condo in Evanston, which had recently been painted top to bottom in a dark beige. Wondering if Lookswell was still around and whether they'd make the tre...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Entire condo painted

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/17/2019

Photo for Lookswell Painting and Handyman Services - 1951 W Cortland, Chicago, IL - 38178759

07/30/2019

They were thorough finding out what we need and talking to us.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They haven't started the job yet.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/30/2019

05/01/2019

I received multiple bids for my home repair project and decided to go with Lookswell based on their professionalism, responsiveness, and the reviews I saw here on Angie's List. They did not disappoint. Fernando was very thorough and professional for the estimate, and he explained the work they'd do clearly and concisely. The job took two days. Luis arrived promptly each day to do the work. He inst...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Drywall Installation, Plaster Repair, Painting

CATEGORY drywall, plastering, interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/26/2019

04/25/2019

Excellent, very friendly and professional workers. They did exactly what they said and the work was done to my satisfaction.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Drywall on ceiling in three rooms. Kitchen cabinets were painted and new hardware installed.

CATEGORY drywall, interior painters, cabinet refacing

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/15/2019

C

04/22/2019

I contacted them through the Angie's List portal and although the portal said they served our area of the city, they responded that we were outside their service area.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Drywall repair

CATEGORY drywall, plastering

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/02/2019

04/03/2019

Lookswell is a responsive, friendly, professional company. I have hired them numerous times, and they continue to be my go-to for painting and wallpaper in the city. Mario is brilliant with removing stubborn paper and incredibly talented at application. We had two very difficult patterns that he was able to line up beautifully!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Painting and wallpaper.

CATEGORY wallpaper removal, wallpaper, interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/14/2018

03/19/2019

These guys are fantastic -- completely professional, completely together, and completely top-shelf. I was recommended them by a fussy person with very high standards, and they exceeded my expectations, and made fast work of a very dirty job. We had two whole floors painted, but they were very clean, hardly intrusive, and the work was done much faster than I would have expected. I'd be hard-pressed...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Inside painting of two floors in my home.

CATEGORY drywall, interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/19/2019

03/16/2019

Couldn't recommend Lookswell Painting more! They are very responsive and professional. This time Tommie helped us but all of them are great!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
A 11*11 bedroom

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/08/2019

03/07/2019

The service provided by Lookswell Painting was superior. Jim Scanlon contacted me the same day I requested an estimate. He came by within a day to evaluate the job and prepare an estimate, which I received the next day. The estimate included drywall tape repairs in five rooms and a closet, as well as painting five rooms completely and two rooms partially. Ceilings were painted n three rooms. When ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Drywall taping repair and paintng

CATEGORY drywall, interior painters

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/06/2019

Decorating, Color Consultation, Painting - Interior & Exterior, Wallpaper, Wood Staining & Refinishing, Drywall & Plaster Work.

NA