Hardt Electric Inc

A 256 Reviews

Founded 1973 • Angie's List since August 2008

4909 N Elston Ave.

Chicago, IL 60630

Quality Service since 1973. We enjoy helping Residential Customers, Business Owners and Builders. This includes everything from a minor electrical repair to a complete rewire or new installation. *When contacting us via the message center please provide a phone number so that we may provide you exceptional service.*...

electrician (256)lighting installation (74)basement remodeling (1)

06/25/2020

Redid installation of two ceiling fans done by a handy man. He also installed a camera doorbell.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Todd is on time, efficient, capable. I highly recommend.

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/25/2020

06/25/2020

Todd came out right on time, had a mask, and got to work. After going above and beyond (replacing sockets then re-securing to brick siding), he asked if there was other work, as the minimum charge was 2 hours and he was done in just under 1 hour. I didn’t have any other work to be done but even the offer was nice. I still thought money well spent, despite time needed. Fair and fast!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Outdoor outlets replaced

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/11/2020

06/21/2020

Todd was very professional, showed up on time and did the job right. He answered all my questions, explained the work and finished everything I needed done. Great experience.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Add an electric panel in my garage

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/12/2020

05/20/2020

Electrician Todd and his assistant Adam did an outstanding job. They both arrived on time, were very courteous and professional, and worked hard to complete the job in one day. I received numerous quotes from other companies and although Hardt Electric’s was the highest, I know in my heart that I made the right choice. Todd is a master and he takes pride in his work. I know the job was done proper...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Upgraded the existing 100 amp electrical service to home with a 200 amp service.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/07/2020

05/17/2020

Todd took my call and was able to come by later that same day. I had been having a circuit breaker fail repeatedly in my kitchen and had attempted to swap what I figured was a bad GCFI outlet tied to my ceiling can lights. Since the problem was persisting I figured a pro was needed to chase down the culprit. Todd came with the necessary PPE (gloves & mask) and kept his distance during the whole pr...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Breaker troubleshooting and outlet replacement

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/04/2020

03/13/2020

He was very good. I would recommend him to anyone. He came out when he said he would and was very knowledgeable. His quote was fair and he stuck to it after doing a great job.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace 2 ground faults and rehang a ceiling.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/05/2020

01/31/2020

Hardt's electrician Todd was able to come out and fix this issue for us on short notice. He did a great job on a difficult wiring problem, and was able to investigate, diagnose a reliable solution and complete the job quite quickly. I highly recommend Todd for his skill, general know-how and integrity. Seems honest and reliable.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had a complicated electrical issue in our condo, where our furnace was connected to the building's shared meter electrical panel and we needed to reroute it to our own unit's electrical panel.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/29/2020

12/26/2019

Great. 1. They were the only company out of three that replied back to my request for quote on Angie's List. 2. He was friendly and answered the first time I reached out to him 3. He was HONEST. He explained a simple was I could do it myself to resolve the issue, rather than trying to charge me to come out. I would definitely recommend Hardt just on those three qualities alone. I will be remodelin...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I need ground wires run for the inside of my house in order to use smart switches

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/26/2019

12/19/2019

Todd helped me fix my light issue.....over the phone!! He told me exactly what the problem was and told me what to buy from Lowe’s. It worked perfectly. I had previously called a local electrician that wanted to charge $150 just to come out. Todd saved me a ton of money. Thanks for your generosity! I have finally found a new electrician.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Light switch repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/18/2019

12/11/2019

Todd C. was the service technician I first talked to when I called Hardt Electric. He told me when he would be out to do the repairs and arrived that day right on time. He got the work done and upgraded some of the wiring in the garage to meet code. All light fixtures in the house were repaired. Work was done in a timely and professional manner. He charged a fair price for the work. I'm pleased an...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
needed to fix electric circuit that powered garage door opener and lights. Also needed to repair several light fixtures in my house

CATEGORY electrician,lighting

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/11/2019

Now installing Electrical Vehicle Charging Stations. Ceiling Fan Installation, Light Fixture and New Outlet Installation, Replacement of old/broken/outdated Switches, Wiring for any size Remodeling Project (Including Basements and Garages), Wiring for a new location of an appliance or for an upgraded/newer appliance, Addition of Outlets and Capabilities of Current Outlets, and any other electrical project you may have. We take pride in all jobs and are ready to help!

Check, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, Discover