General Moisture Solutions

A135 REVIEWS

Founded 1995 • Angie's List since December 2010

2920 N Sacramentto

Chicago, IL, 60618

Lackosz Construction Co. started serving the Chicago Metro Area in 1999 with vision of being the best constructor in the area. Since 2006 we have added moisture solutions services and even Infrared home inspection as well to provide more complete and better service Included with all our projects completions is a 1 year workmanship guarantee. So please feel free contact us regarding your next project, no matter how large or small it may be we promise remains the same to care as much as you do. Our goal is the safety of your home and the health of your family. We offer green solutions to control your household moisture problems....

Mold Testing and Remediation (94)Drywall (44)Water and Smoke Damage (41)Basement Waterproofing (31)Foundation Repair (18)Home inspection (12)Insulation (8)Kitchen and Bath Remodeling (7)Roofing (7)General Remodeling (7)Finished Carpentry and Woodworking (7)Basement Remodeling (6)

11/22/2019

Sent a request for a quote, he never responded. Called him, he was supposed to email me. Never happened. Extremely disappointed,

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Mold remediation

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/22/2019

03/14/2018

They were the only ones who said they could show up the same day and actually did show up Greg is very professional and easy to work with.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
emergency drying after burst pipe

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/08/2018

10/02/2017

Everything went great. Very responsive and great work. I would definitely hire again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Mold remediation in several areas of our house. Dry wall needed to be replaced.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/15/2017

11/15/2016

Greg and his team (a total of three men) were extremely professional. They showed up on time, and they finished the job in two days. While he was here, and while the ceiling was open, he also helped us wire and install a chandelier. He was easy to work with, and the work quality is outstanding.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We hired General Moisture Solutions after our laundry room flooded, pouring water into our kitchen and then seeping from the kitchen through the basement ceiling. It was an absolute mess. I called GMS and Greg responded immediately. He came out the day of the water damage to provide an estimate. The work involved included assessing the plumbing, the source of the leak, and cutting open and re-drywalling two ceilings.

CATEGORY drywall, water damage restoration, mold removal

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/10/2016

10/17/2016

Non-responsive contractor, e-mailed me once to schedule no further response.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Estimate for mold remediation

CATEGORY contractors, mold removal

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/17/2016

02/22/2016

It was perfect. Max came out to give us an estimate and showed us how the infrared camera was able to identify water sources. They came promptly to do the work. Things went quickly and took only two hours. They answered all my questions and showed me how everything worked. They also put cement on the roof in all locations they could find where water might come in. We have had no problems since. Bo...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Opened ceiling, found source of water leak, sealed hallway with plastic sheeting, dried and filtered air. They then applied cement to the roof to repair the leaks they found (free of charge!). They also identified a source of water coming into the bathroom that other contractors had not caught. Finally, they closed the ceiling, repaired the drywall, and applied primer.

CATEGORY drywall, roofing, water damage restoration, bathroom & kitchen remodeling, mold removal

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/20/2016

06/11/2015

Greg came out and looked at the problem and promptly followed up with an estimate that had been lower than other providers we had contacted.  I let him know right away that we wanted to move forward and his team got started the next morning.  The GMS team did an amazing job repairing our drywall issues.  Would definitely recommend them in the future.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replaced drywall due to a leak

CATEGORY drywall, mold removal

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/11/2015

C

04/11/2015

Estimate on waterproofing basement/foundation seemed really expensive, approx 4k I believe was the estimate.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Estimate on waterproofing basement seemed really expensive.

CATEGORY basement waterproofing, mold removal, foundation repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/01/2012

01/14/2015

Only time will tell whether the work permanently fixes the cold air problem that caused my burst pipes, but as of today (the day GMS completed the work) I'm thrilled with GMS's responsiveness, professionalism, and work quality.  Pipes in my basement that routinely froze in cold weather due to poor insulation finally gave way and burst last week.  Plumbers had to come out in the middle of the night...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
After my pipes burst and the plumbers had to carve up the drywall in my basement to fix it, GMS came to my house, tore out the old wall and insulation, dried out the area, put in new insulation, and re-built the wall, adding a vent to help warm air flow into the space behind the wall.

CATEGORY drywall, insulation, water damage restoration, mold removal, foundation repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/14/2015

11/19/2014

We had a fantastic experience with Greg and his team.  Called to have him come look at the areas we needed fixed.  He scheduled time a few days later, sent an estimate within two days (very reasonably priced) and was able to schedule and complete the work within a week and a half from that point.  The work itself took about 2 and a half days.  They clearly know what they are doing.  They cleaned u...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repaired water damaged drywall/remediated mold and moisture.

CATEGORY drywall, water damage restoration, mold removal