American Home Heating & Air Conditioning

A 292 Reviews

Founded 1962 • Angie's List since August 2002

4985 N Elston Ave

Chicago, IL 60630

Since 1962 our family owned and operated company has delivered the highest quality heating and cooling service to the Chicago area . We offer $100 off furnace, air conditioner or boiler for Angie's List members. Additional contact names - Jim Carney Additional email - support@americanhomeheating.com. Award winning....

hvac repair (262)water heater repair and installation (39)plumber (6)gas leak repair (2)drain cleaning (1)air duct cleaning (1)
D

08/29/2018

In terms of service I would give 5 stars. The repair man was knowledgeable, friendly, and did a good job. But in terms of business ethics, I would give negative stars if possible. They charged me $300+ for less than an hours’ worth of work, replacing a capacitor in my AC unit and installing a hard start capacitor. Each item they charged over $100 each, which I assumed was within reason. This fixed...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
AC Repair Work

WORK COMPLETED ON 08/28/2018

07/26/2018

It was very professional and a nice guy.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They did an annual cleaning air conditioning.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/26/2018

05/09/2018

they responded to my message by asking me to call to discuss my project to combine a basement and first floor unit and to eliminate the additional AC and furnace. Spoke with Larry(?) and he essentially gave me a rundown on how heating and cooling systems work and talked me OUT of doing what I had planned. He explained the benefits of keeping what I already have, suggested I simply call an electric...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
hvac in duplex down unit

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/09/2018

12/16/2017

The installation went well, but six months later it starting making a rattling sound. American Home Heating determined that it was a problem with the heat exchanger and they worked with Lennox for a warranty replacement. High level of professionalism throughout.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New furnace installation

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/01/2017

11/13/2017

Great communication and service. I would definitely hire again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Home humidifier installation

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/20/2017

10/25/2017

The service tech came on time and was thorough. The company is small and they pride themselves on good service. He gave advice for keeping everything in good order so as to avoid problems in the future.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We had the furnace and hot water heater cleaned and a valve replaced on the furnace.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/25/2017

10/25/2017

Tech was on time and provided excellent service and recommendations for a new furnace. I didn't have any issues whatsoever.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Maintenance to furnace

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/20/2017

10/23/2017

The same employee who helped to install the furnace almost 20 years ago came to install the new furnaces. The service was amazing, and it was done in a timely manner. Couldn't have asked for better service.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We replaced two furnaces. They both needed work done. Seeing as though we haven’t changed them in about 20 years.

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/16/2017

09/06/2017

All people that I worked with for past many years, in back office and installers behaved in very friendly and professionally. I cannot recall any problems that I had with them during installation or maintenance of furnace and air conditioning systems during many years that I used the company. They have my highest recommendation. Well worth the money.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
The company installed 2 Heating and air conditioning systems in my house. The installation was done properly and the systems are performing well, as expected. After many years, I needed maintenance on the furnace that failed, it turned out that the batteries thermostat were nearly exhausted, causing the problem. So instead of fixing the furnace, I asked them to do routine maintenance of my furnaces, which they did immediately, the same afternoon, thus saving me additional call and necessity to stay at home another time.

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/06/2017

08/09/2017

The service is always good, honest, professional. I highly recommend them and call them whenever I have an HVAC issue.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We have used this company for years at two separate homes. They cleaned and repaired a gas furnace for us before the thing went kaput and had to be replaced. Recently, we had them come to service an a/c unit at a property we bought a couple of years ago. It needs to be replaced and we got a quote for that, although have to delay because other maintenance items have come up. Still, we will have them in this fall to clean and service our gas furnace.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/08/2017

Furnaces. Boilers. Air conditioners. Water heaters.

Window air conditioners.