Ace Handyman Services Chicagoland

A 1326 Reviews

Founded 2004 • Angie's List since May 2005

5251 N. Central Ave.

Chicago, IL 60630

Update for COVID-19: We are open for business and have provided all of our craftsmen with protective masks to protect our staff and customers. Please feel free to reach out to learn more about our updated policies. Company background: We are one of Chicago's top-rated choices for professional handyman, home improvement and remodeling services with over 1,300 Angie's List Reviews. For over 15 years, we have been providing our customers with quality craftsmanship across all of their handyman, repair and remodeling projects -- both large and small -- inside and outside -- including: Bathrooms, Kitchens, Basements, Carpentry, Electrical, Plumbing, Painting, Staining, Doors, Windows, Tiling, Flooring, Lighting, Drywall, Decks, Handyman and Remodeling....

handyman (946)electrical (320)plumbing (267)drywall repair (132)lighting (120)door (116)woodworking (87)ceiling fan installation (76)interior painting (57)home remodeling (45)tile installation (45)home remodeling (34)

07/25/2020

Water still came in after repair. Money refunded due to tech not explaining water May continue to come in.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Window Repair

CATEGORY windows,air duct cleaning

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/25/2020

We provided this customer with two estimates but never performed any services. It appears this review is being left in error. We will work with Angie's list to have this removed from our profile.

07/17/2020

120 linear feet of drywall flood cut, baseboards and door trim replaced from water damage

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Terrible. And that’s putting it nicely. Moron the beginning of receiving my estimate, I knew they were quite a bit overpriced but was willing to go with them, assuming it would be done very professionally and seamless. I did NOT receive the itemized product list that I needed to purchase until 4:30pm, 2 1/2 days before the project was scheduled to begin. When I looked for the products, they were out of stock and the work could not be done. In addition, the company was not even furnishing their own drop cloths or cleanup materials. They said everything besides the drywall and the baseboards/trim was included during the walk through. Then when I get the product list that I’m supposed to order, there were an additional $200-$300 of items not included. Again, all stuff I asked about in the walk through. I now have had to scramble to find another company and everyone is booked. I have half of my house unusable for the foreseeable future due to their unprofessional and lax attitude. I would NOT ever recommend going with this company and I have NO IDEA how they have made it this far with this type of service.

CATEGORY drywall,handyman service

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/08/1970

We deeply regret the poor experience and outcome the customer had in working with us. To briefly recap the situation from our perspective: the client was sent a Labor Only estimate that stated the quantities of materials to be installed, with the assumption being that the client would purchase that quantity of materials. The project would also require additional materials for installation that we ...

05/29/2020

Ace Handyman Services Chicagoland did a fantastic job for me. I have them remove 2 gas, ventless fireplaces, and build a wall with a door. They also repaired and painted the walls behind fireplaces. The work was great, they got it done with in the budget, and completed the work on time. Very nice job and I strongly recommend going with Ace Handyman. Chicagoland. I'll certainly use them again for f...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Demo and remove 2 gas ventless fireplaces, build a wall with a door, paint the new wall and wall behind thee old fireplaces.

CATEGORY contractors,drywall,fireplaces,doors

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/04/2020

04/02/2020

It went very well. It took longer than expected due to the extent of the rotten wood. They did a great job and were very professional.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They took out rotten wood around our window and reframed it.

CATEGORY contractors,drywall,windows,woodworking

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/02/2020

02/04/2020

I had a few little things (replace bulbs in overhead fluorescent light, find and remove things blocking cabinet lazy Susan, fasten piece of molding that had come off. I also had one bigger thing - a ceiling fan had died and needed to be replaced. Andre was just wonderful. He was there on time, helped me get the new fan out of my car and then helped me take out trash at the end. Everything went smo...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
replace ceiling, change fluorescent ceiling bulbs, fasten loose molding

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/04/2020

Thanks for the kind review. I'm glad we were able to help you out.

01/25/2020

Handyman Matters was very friendly and supportive and got the job done efficiently. No complaints.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Toilet repairs

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/14/2020

We are so grateful for your kind words, [Member Name Removed]! Thanks for sharing your review with us and the community.

01/15/2020

Fantastic! Reliable and prompt service. Jose is a great technician: knowledgeable, efficient, and professional. Thru customer service team is great as well. They call to reconfirm the appointment send you text notifications to keep track of the technician arrival status.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Nest CO and smoke detector installation

CATEGORY electrician,handyman service

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/24/2020

Dear [Member Name Removed], thanks for sharing your feedback. We are so glad you like Jose’s work! We’ll pass along the kind words. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us this amazing review.

01/14/2020

From start to finish, these guys did a nice job. Martha was very helpful in putting together the rather long list of what we needed done and getting a written estimate sent out to me. The craftsman arrived on time, got the materials purchased and work done efficiently, and he cleaned up afterword. We will certainly hire them again, and we recommend them to others.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Partial bathroom remodel

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/13/2020

Dear [Member Name Removed], thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience; our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. Thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

01/14/2020

I've used Handyman Matters multiple times and continue to be impressed with both the ease of scheduling and the quality of work. Jose arrived on time, walked through the jobs I needed done, and confirmed costs and estimates before beginning. He quickly replaced an expired hard-wired smoke detector and two wall-mounted bathroom light fixtures, taking special care to ensure the fixtures were level. ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace wall-mounted bathroom light fixtures, replace expired wired smoke detector, and update existing bathroom exhaust fans

CATEGORY electrician,handyman service,ceiling fans

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/10/2020

01/08/2020

I don’t normally write reviews, but I am writing this so that no one else makes the mistake of hiring this company for their home. My project with this company was very basic, and something most people would even do on their own without hiring a professional. Yet, it ended in a broken front door and a lot of frustration for me. I am glad this wasn’t a larger and more complicated project, because I...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Weather stripping

WORK COMPLETED ON 12/26/2019

Photo for Ace Handyman Services Chicagoland	 - 5251 N. Central Ave., Chicago, IL - 38319806

Of course, we always strive to give customers a great experience and based on the review it's clear that didn't happen here. To give a brief recap from our perspective: we provided an estimate of 2.5 hours for the work as described to us by customer over the phone and ultimately that is all they were charged for. Once we arrived at the home, the project entailed more work than we initially estimat...

With a General Contractor License, we remodel bathrooms, kitchens, basements, family rooms, and dens, and do handyman, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, tiling, cabinets, closets, general repairs, drywall, doors, windows, faucets, water heaters, sump pumps, interior & exterior painting, gutters, power-washing, fence repair, siding repair, trim carpentry, ceiling fans, decks, handyman, aging-in-place (grab bars, wider doors, etc. ), insulation, & appliance installation.

HVAC, roofing, granite countertops, custom frameless shower doors, appliance repair, foundation repairs, thermal pane glass replacement (although we do appliance installations, single pane glass repairs and glass block window installations). We have a General Contractors License and Home Repair License, but we do not hold a City of Chicago Electrical License and as a result perform smaller electrical jobs such as fixtures, ceiling fans, switches, outlets and electrical troubleshooting repairs.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check