5 Star Concrete & Construction

A 111 Reviews

Founded 2012 • Angie's List since July 2014

1444 s Rockwell

Chicago, IL 60608

We are a small business. We were established in 2012. Most of business is from word of mouth. We specialize in all line of concrete work, fencing, sodding and landscaping....

concrete repair (108)stamped concrete (23)concrete driveway installation (16)excavating (10)foundation repair (5)pressure washing (3)home remodeling (3)fence company (3)basement waterproofing (2)door installation (1)dumpster rental (1)window replacement (1)

06/02/2020

It went very well. Gibran and his crew did an excellent job. Gibran proposed a solution for new apron, floor, and concrete perimeter around my garage to prevent rodent intrusion. Where the exterminator I had been working with failed to do this, 5 Star Concrete was able to accomplish in 1 day. The work is highly professional and looks GREAT! I was very pleased.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I needed a new apron and garage floor to prevent rodent intrusion.

CATEGORY concrete repair,concrete driveway

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/02/2020

06/02/2020

Gibran was very easy to work with and his team was efficient and did great work. I was quoted a reasonable price and couldn't be happier with how everything turned out. I would recommend them without reservation.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
City sidewalk and private walkway replaced.

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/08/2020

05/13/2020

Gibran and company were really wonderful and flexible with my plans for a backyard patio. The quality of the work looks good, the lines are crisp and the California style finish matches the walkway I already had. Happy to enjoy being at home in my new patio during this pandemic and I recommend 5-star and would hire them again.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Concrete - Pouring

CATEGORY concrete repair,concrete driveway

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/28/2020

05/13/2020

Team was great! Courteous, quick, and did high quality work. Would highly recommend them

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Decorative Concrete, Concrete - Pouring & Repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/13/2020

05/13/2020

5 Star removed and replaced the crumbling concrete step and the spalling stoop of our condo building and 80 feet of sinking sidewalk along a heavily trafficked and sloped public way. The work far exceeded expectations. 5 Star was communicative and punctual leading up to the construction day. On the morning of construction day, 5 Star's crew arrived before the scheduled start time to set up and pre...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Decorative Concrete, Concrete - Pouring & Repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/04/2020

Photo for 5 Star Concrete & Construction - 1444 s Rockwell, Chicago, IL - 38565252

04/02/2020

Fantastic! Awesome service and very professional work! I was blown away at how fast and professional the services were. I would use them again and again! Gibran, Owner/President is very professional and his crew is very professional and hard working. I've already recommended them to a construction site putting up 2 houses next door to me because they were impressed with their work and watched ever...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They tore up old concrete in bad shape past my porch steps (walkway) and sidewalk on side of my house where sump pump is located.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/23/2020

03/09/2020

Great! Gibran was fairly priced, very professional, friendly and the work was excellent!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Decorative Concrete, Concrete - Pouring & Repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/02/2020

03/08/2020

Excellent. 5 Star was very professional, accommodating, very fair pricing and did great work. Gibran called and came by the same day. Two days later the job was done. Highly recommended.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Replace a slab and add to existing patio.

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/07/2020

03/03/2020

I called three or four concrete companies that advertised 'no job too big or small' and none called me back...except Gibran from Five Star. Our job was pretty small: remove a roughly 6x9' wooden deck and a very cracked old concrete patio about 12x15', replace both with new concrete. Gibran was prompt and responsive in coming to look at the job and providing me with a quote. I didn't have another b...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Remove old concrete patio and wood deck, replace with new concrete

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/15/2019

12/04/2019

It pains me to write a bad review - this is not a part of how I'm built. We had 5 Star Concrete pour concrete over a year ago; for our walkway, stairs and parking area. A year later everything turned to complete rubble. We have given 5 Star concrete multiple chances to rectify or address the problems that we had with their work. Their paperwork states that they have a 3 year warranty, but that was...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Concrete repair for walkway and parking area

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/01/2017

Photo for 5 Star Concrete & Construction - 1444 s Rockwell, Chicago, IL - 38269336

Whatever snowing melting product was used must’ve damaged concrete and it’s fair for my business to get a bad review. I will reach out to customer to find a resolution.

Concrete contractor | Driveways, walkways, patios, driveways, repairs, porches, steps, pool decks, landscaping, driveway, outdoor living areas, and more! Landscaping and sodding

Just ask!