Bonejour Pet Grooming

Founded 1986 • Angie's List since June 2013

B Rated | 3 Reviews

Bonejour Pet Grooming has been serving the Barrington, Illinois, community for over 30 years. Owner is an Award Winning Stylist and a Certified Master Groomer for dogs and cats. Ask about our Asian Fusion Grooming and Specialization in Designer Dog Breeds. We are on the corner of Northwest Highway and North Hough Street (Barrington Road). Stop in or contact us today to schedule your next grooming appointment. We look forward to meeting you and your furry friend! Locally owned & operated....

Cat Calls

28  REVIEWS
Cat Calls

Since 1986 we have offered complete care in your home for all types of pets, including daily dog walks, daily visits while you are away, house sitting, plant care and a variety of other services. We serve the near west suburbs of Chicago, as well as the Loop and River North areas. We are fully bonded and insured. A visit to your cat(s), rabbits, birds, fish, ferrets or other pets includes whatever you indicate. Basically we will clean the dishes, put down fresh food and water (and treats), and clean litter boxes. We also give the pets personal attention as desired, including play, grooming and medication administration. We have a staff of professional, experienced pet lovers, and we will send your personal sitter to meet with you and your pet prior to the initial visit or series of visits. The sitter will conduct a thorough interview to obtain details including instructions for feeding, administering medications, use of home security system, and whatever else applies to your personal situation. We also have back-up representatives to cover if your regular sitter isn’t available. 12 employees. No subs. Cost is determined by the job. No travel charges. Ask about Angie's List discount.

06/15/2013

Bonejour has mini-groomed our two Soft Coated Wheaten Terriers several times. Cristy Blair the owner and her staff are always very kind and professional when handling my dogs. My dogs are comfortable at Bonejour and come home looking beautiful. During my dogs’ last bath, Cristy found one of our Wheaten’s ears was slightly irritated on the inside. Cristy’s attention to detail and advising me of the...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Mini-groomed (bathed, dried, combed, clipped nails) our two Soft Coated Wheaten Terriers.

02/20/2013

Owner's name Kristy and she is excellent. My cat and dog love her. She does have a fabulous job. She is reasonable. She is on time. Our dog does not like aggressive dogs, so they are very good about keeping the animals separate. We have an expensive Siberian cat and she is able to groom the cat they way the cat is supposed to look like master groomer.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We have used Bone Jour Pet Salon for animal grooming. They cut, they groom, they do and they do their claws.

11/06/2011

My long hair chihuahua was totally butchered! Blunt, uneven chops on random parts of her body. I should have known when I took her in and was explaining my concerns and no notes were being taken that I was NOT going to receive a grooming per my instructions.A simple: do NOT cut her tail was totally ignored. Also, no request for shot records! My daughter picked up the dog and I did not see her unti...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Relying on the 25 year experience advertisement, I made an appointment for my 5 pound long hair chihuahua. When I took her in, I spent time explaining what I did and did not want for my dog. It was her first grooming. I went into great detail regarding: pull the hair back on her paws when trimming her nails as we like the "long hair" on her feet and referred to a clydesdale horse. Regarding her tail, we like how long it is and she's like a peacock as it is long and flowing. After talking about the tail, I decided it was probably best to leave it alone and said, no just leave the tail alone. My only concern was to address her back where the hair was flat and she said we probably can't do anything about that. No notes were taken during this discussion and that should have been a sign that things were not going to come out the way I specified. The salon seemed extremely busy and loud. I should have know there was lack of control and it would not be a good environment for my dog.

CATEGORY pet grooming

I apologize if anyone treated you unprofessionally. Please contact me personally (owner) so we can discuss this as I recently saw your review online and I do not know who you are or any contact information. I want everyone to have a Five Star Experience at Bonejour Pet Grooming.

Pet sitting, dog walking, boarding, doggie day care, dog & cat grooming and convenient self-service dog wash. Pick-up and delivery service is available for busy pet owners. Also a suite of pet spa services available.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover