Barrington Draperies and Shutters, Inc

Founded 1990 • Angie's List since November 2009

Barrington Youth & Family Services (BYFS) is a nonprofit organization that has served the Barrington area for 40 years. Our service boundaries coincide with CUSD #220 and we work with families living in Barrington, Cuba, Dundee, and Ela townships located in NW Cook, SW Lake, and NE Kane Counties. This gives us the unique capability to develop or modify programs and services to respond to emerging issues in the Barrington area identified by municipal, school, church, and other community leaders....

Accurate Contracting Service

Accurate Contracting Services, Inc. is a family owned and operated, BBB accredited business with an A+ rating, that has been serving the community since 1998. Our owner, Ronald Peterson, is a General Contractor with 40+ years of ground up, hands on structural experience. With Ron's knowledge and experience, he has helped homeowners with design, layout and product decisions that can be a difficult and sometimes frustrating process. We pride ourselves on delivering superior products and services at rates that are more than competitive. Accurate Contracting Services has implemented a policy of promoting environmentally safe products and recycling shingles, which frees landfills of a product that never decomposes. Whether you're looking to enhance the look of your house, improve energy efficiency or increase your home's resale value, Accurate Contracting Services will help you decide the best option to fit your needs and budget.

05/31/2014

C

05/31/2014

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I purchased window shades for my four living room and dining room windows. They worked for a short time but then the mechanism started to not work correctly. The material also began coming loose from the top. When I asked about fixing the problems, the salesperson said they could send someone out for a fee but if that person could not fix the problems the shades would have to be sent in to the manufacturer for repair. That would be an additional fee. I decided to live with the problem rather than spend the extra money. In my opinion, the shades should not have had the problems in such a short time from purchase. I will not purchase from the company again because of high prices and unsatisfactory service.

CATEGORY window treatments

(removed member name), I found our order for the repair of your Graber Crystal Pleat shade from 2011. I am not seeing that the original product was purchased from us. It appears that we serviced the product only for you. If I am incorrect please let me know and I can look into that further. If there is a problem with the shade we serviced for you, I would be more than happy to help you out. It has...

07/30/2013

Barrington Draperies and Shutters was very excellent. They were punctual. I mean, prepared it literally in like 30 minutes. He's very nice. He's talking about "Here's what I'm going to do. Here's how much I'm going to charge you. This is what needs to be done." There's no b.s. There's no trying to sell me some extra crap that I don't need.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
He fixed the a drapery in my home that my son broke. He jumped on it and started to swing back and forth and it came crashing down on him.

11/25/2009

The quality was good. They promised it in two weeks and it came in one. I didn't measure quite right and they said it would fit instead of having to take it back. Their price was better than another company.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Barrington Drapers and Shutter installed new blinds.

CATEGORY windows