American Foundation Repair

A38 REVIEWS

Founded 1995 • Angie's List since September 2002

26875 W Rte 22

Barrington, IL 60010

Family Owned & Operated since 1986. No high pressure sales person. Never any commission fees. Save money on foundation repair plus great value. Always free estimates for homeowners. Serving Chicago and surrounding suburbs. Foundation crack repair and structural foundation repair all year around service. Sinking home or sagging floor, leveled (to a compromise level). Raise sinking foundations with steel pipe piles (push piers). Replace or repair wooden damaged beams and columns. Basement & crawl space waterproofing (interior/ exterior drain tile system). Crawl Space encapsulation. Never any cross-sales or up-sales, just an honest and fair foundation repair estimate. Additional phone: 312-285-6000 & 847-381-6050...

Foundation Repair (28)Concrete Leveling (10)Basement Waterproofing (3)Excavating (2)Patios (1)Appliance Repair (1)

11/01/2018

I’m extremely happy with the work that was done. They were prompt and professional. Gave me a 20 year warrantee on the repair. Highly recommend!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed floor jacked and sill plate replaced.

06/04/2018

Instead of simply cleaning out the window well drain’s. They tried to convince my wife we need to pay $4200 to rebuild the window well and the drain system. Stay far away from these people you can trust them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Clean out window well drain’s

CATEGORY excavators, foundation repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/04/2018

04/25/2018

Very professional. Completed project in my required time slot.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Foundation cracks and leaks

WORK COMPLETED ON 04/07/2018

04/09/2018

I was able to get an estimate for the repair on the same day I called. It was determined that the crack did not affect the structural integrity of the foundation, so it was sealed with an epoxy and additional water proofing (though there was no evidence of water leaking through the crack). THe work was scheduled for a week later, and competed in a few hours. The technician showed up on time, and d...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
diagnose and repair crack in foundation

CATEGORY basement waterproofing, foundation repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 02/09/2018

01/13/2018

Jesus came for the estimate. He took pictures and measrements and emailed a bid. I accepeted it. Paid a 50% downpayment. We scheduled the work. They had to change the date. The second date came. Two workers arrived on time. They were polite. They worked diligently. They cleaned up. I paid the remainder. The 3 areas are dry. All is well!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Three areas in my basement walls were leaking water in heavy rains.

WORK COMPLETED ON 01/13/2018

09/06/2017

The job was completed on time and at a fair cost. The guys who did the work were professional and experienced.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Water coming into our basement from two sources. Two prior companies did not locate the sources accurately. Drain tile had to be laid under the basement floor totaling 55 linear feet.

CATEGORY basement waterproofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 09/06/2017

08/14/2017

It went well. They finished the work within the estimated given time.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repairs of Cracks in the foundation including bringing the small portion of foundation to it's original level which had been shifted down.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/29/2017

07/21/2017

American Foundation showed up on time and notified us they wouldn't be here one day that it storming. All the employees were very professional and friendly. They answered all our questions. They raised our foundation back to its correct position.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We found our foundation was 4 inches lower at the back of our house. American Foundation showed up on time for the quote. Jesus answered all our questions and gave us the best price. Jesus and Raul answered all our questions during the job. All their employees worked hard, completing the job on time. I would recommend American Foundation to anyone needing foundation repairs.

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/10/2017

07/11/2017

They were responsive and quite nice. I liked them. I was looking at it at the time of my house buy and I couldn't determine if it was going to happen before or after the purchase. In terms of the interaction we had I would give them an A. There were some things they should have known that they didn't. The estimate was perfect. It was not about not choosing them but I chose not to pursue the work b...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They came in and gave me a quote on the foundation.

CATEGORY appliance repair

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/11/2017

06/15/2017

We called...no answer. Called again, and got answering machine. We left a message. We NEVER heard back from them.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Foundation on the home is cracking, and need it repaired

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/15/2017

- Underpinning. Stabilization of foundation. - Repair Bowed Walls. - Replace Wood Columns with Steel - Replace Wood Beams with Steel - Level Sagging or Sloping Floors - Basement Waterproofing Drain Tile Systems - Foundation Crack Repair | Epoxy Injection - Transferable Warranty

*Mudjacking *Slabjacking, *Tuckpointing *HVAC