G & L AUTOMOTIVE TWO INC

Founded 1992 • Angie's List since June 2010

We have been a family owned and operated business since 1952. 3rd generation now manages G&L auto 2. We specialize in complete auto repair. As small as an oil change to as large as an engine replacement and anything inbetween....

Helmut & Vito's Service and Parts

Helmut & Vito's Service and Parts opened for business in September of 1977. For the past 30+ years it has been the definitive European import, auto repair shop in the suburbs of Chicago. Both Helmut and Vito retired from the business to relax and spend more time with the grandchildren. They still stop by to say “Hello” and to make sure that we are doing it right. Since 2008, transition between original and new owners been seamless. Jim and Tony were both previously employed for years by “The Wise Ones”. Over the years they learned all the tricks-of-the-trade from the masters. Our Promise: We both want to thank all of our customers for continuing to support our small shop. In return, we promise to continually improve, update and guarantee that your experience will be nothing but better. Whether it's a complex technical problem or just a routine tune-up or oil change, let Helmut and Vito's factory trained experience go to work on your Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Porsche, Volvo, Audi or VW.

10/26/2017

Wonderful. Very nice, prompt and paid less than I expected.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Fixed radio wiring. Check out wiring on battery. Also verified engine light was fine. Replaced fog light. Also had the oil changed.

05/10/2017

Work done well, on time, and price was good.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
General auto maintenance and tire repair.

CATEGORY auto repair

Thank you so much we always try our best.

03/06/2017

So far based on one small experience it was very good. As far as I know it was done well. It was nothing more complicated than that. I had a considerable wait, but I was also not dropping the car off so that happens sometimes.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They did a break flush.

05/18/2016

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I had my 2008 Ford F-150 rear differential completely rebuilt with quality parts after an accurate diagnosis by these professionals. Service and communication was outstanding. They even showed me the worn parts that were causing the problems. They completed the work in less time than I anticipated, because they knew I had rented a car during the work on my truck. I would not hesitate to use this firm or recommend their services.

10/19/2015

Very friendly and professional service providers. Received a price quote within an hour of sending in the email request. Work completed in a timely manner. A/C now works fine. 12 month parts warranty provided. And all at a fraction of the price quoted for the same work by the local Ford dealership. I wish I'd known about these guys sooner, as I could have saved myself a lot of bucks and grief from...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repaired a faulty A/C unit on my 2007 Ford Escape Limited. The A/C required a new compressor and dryer as the old compressor was leaking coolant. I dropped the car in at 8.30 am and the work was complete as predicted by 1.30 pm the same day.

Complete auto repair