Greenwald, Dr. Brent H.

Angie's List since October 2008

B Rated | 6 Reviews

04/28/2014

I was transported from Madison Memorial to EIRMC on 4/6/2014 was there until 4/9/2014. Madison Memorial had done x-rays and a ct scan. The doctor on call was in contact with Dr. Greenwald at EIRMC

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
transported to EIRMC Greenwald was the doctor on call.

05/21/2013

Very well. The surgery is bigger and more complicated than I had expected but I am about to the point of arranging it and will want Dr. Greenwald do it.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I was referred by my physicist, Dr. Shane Mangrum. He wanted me to get Dr. Greenwald's opinion as to if I needed surgery, what kind, and explain. Dr. Greenwald was very businesslike, very knowledgable. He explained mycondition, what the surgery and recuperation would include. I have also been told by several friends of his successful surgeries on them. When and if I have the surgery I will try to have him.

05/16/2013

Dr. Greenwald was excellent. During the first consultation, he was clear and thorough as he explained the problem, the options and their various risks, the surgical procedure, its risks, and the recovery process. He answered nearly all of my questions before I even asked them. He was courteous and genial, but professional. On the day of the operation, my surgery was delayed three to four hours bec...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I was suffering from severe right radiculopathy, shoulder pain, and upper back pain. EMG and NCV revealed both carpal tunnel and spinal issues. An MRI revealed severe cervical spinal stenosis at C4-5, 5-6, and 6-7. A triple anterior discectomy with fusion was indicated together with right carpal tunnel surgery.

04/08/2013

Excellent results so far!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Surgery.

03/29/2013

Excellent! I could not be happier with the results considering the very rare medical situation I was in.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Dr. Brent Greenwald, MD removed an intramedulary ependymoma at C6, C7 and T1 (a tumor from inside my spinal cord in my neck). The tumor was "large" and had been causing me chronic pain for 8+ years until it was discovered. Dr. Greenwald got me in to see him two days after the discovery of the tumor. At that appointment he talked to me for 2.5 hours. Which, is unheard of for any doctor, let alone a very prominent neurosurgeon who was booked out two months is advance! He removed the tumor from inside my spinal cord in a 9 hour surgury and checked onmy frequently on the ten days I was in the hospital. Although I have a lot of numbness and spinal cord damage from the tumor itself, I can walk and function on my own and am very happy to not be a quadroplegic and in a wheel chair for the rest of my life. If it were not for the expert porformance of this doctor...my life would have been earth shatteringly different. He saved my life!

Neurosurgery.