Iowa Home Restoration & Repair, LLC

Founded 2010 • Angie's List since March 2011

Welcome to Iowa Home Restoration and Repair, LLC! *Now after working 4 years in Home Inspections with another company I am now adding this service to my business. I have inspected over 1500 homes in that time. With over 10 years of experience; We will offer; Owner supervision on all work, step by step systems of reporting to ensure you are happy with the work from start to finish, very competitive pricing, and experience in working with insurance companies. When you are investing in your home, your complete satisfaction is our number one goal. We specialize in foundation repair, waterproofing, mold remediation, mold inspections, and water damage. With mold, it represents a potentially significant health hazard for building occupants and a substantial liability for property owners. We offer professional mold remediation following all EPA and OSHA guidelines as well as industry certification protocols. We do an in-depth cleaning and disinfection of the affected areas, proper disposal of contaminated materials. Waterproofing: In my past I have built insulated concrete foundations and understand how water should be managed under the floor of a basement. I have taken that knowledge and applied it to existing basements. If you are going to the trouble of removing a basement floor the only real fix is to install a tiling system that is placed along side of the footing and not on top. Once water reaches the top of the footing you are just inches away of the water getting to the finished floor surface. With my past experiences I have added Home Inspections to my services. Even though this is a new service I offer, I have over 2800 inspections completed here in the Central Iowa area. I work with another inspector that has years of experience and as a team we identify more items as well as items for maintenance. We are able to complete most inspections in an hour to an hour and a half. Inspect reports are emailed to you on the next morning. Experience includes: Water Damage Restoration, Applied Structural Drying, Journeyman Textile Cleaner, Odor Control, Journeyman Fire and Smoke Restore. Certified Mold Remediation Contractor....

Umthun Construction

We are a small buisness that has a personel touch. We have 4 employees that are curtious, trustwearthy and will be on the job everyday. We can do everything except lay carpet and HVAC but have very repitable buisnesses that we use for this. We take nothing up front so you pay as you go on every project.

05/07/2018

Gene listened to what I needed to have done, and rather than take my money and attempt to do it himself, he referred me to someone else who would be better suited for the job. Couldn't ask for a more professional response.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I was looking into having a floor lowered a foot or two in order to turn the otherwise dead space above into a usable room.

CATEGORY remodeling, foundation repair, basement remodeling

07/01/2017

Gene was responsive and professional. I really appreciated that he clearly explained what he observed and offered suggestions that I might do to correct some things. I asked him if he could also recommend the things that need immediate attention and the things that could wait. His estimate included exactly what I asked for. My situation changed, and I'm unable to pursue a plan at this time. I am d...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I've had mildew issues and was concerned that there might be possible mold and/or water problems.

CATEGORY basement waterproofing, mold removal

D

09/09/2016

The contractor didn't spend enough time looking at everything

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
For a Comprehensive Mold and Moisture Inspection

08/30/2016

It turned out that the mold was not active and he gave simple solutions for preventing return of the mold and there was no charge for checking.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Check mold issues

D

04/07/2016

It was okay. I didn't know exactly what it was going to involve and after we kind of questioned and it ended up that my husband had to call somebody else. Somebody had to do the inspection and then they said all they would do was recommend a lab and so the lab turned out to be him and we paid $130. So it was kind of shaky to me and in essence the same guy that came out to say we needed a lab turne...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I purchased a Big Deal for Iowa Home Restoration & Repair, LLC for $39 for a Comprehensive Mold and Moisture Inspection.

CATEGORY mold removal

Foundation Repair, Basement Waterproofing, Mold Inspections, Home Inspections, Mold Remediation, Water Damage Cleanup, Dehumidification System, Sump Pumps.

Check, MasterCard, Visa