Chim Cherie's House Of Fireplaces

Founded 1978 • Angie's List since September 2012

Complete Hearth Company. From sales and installation of fireplaces, inserts, and stoves from around the world to design and service of our products- Wood, gas, coal and pellet. Fire tools, accessories, wholesale & retail. Wood to gas conversions. Chimney sweeping, repair and rebuilding. Brands include Fireplace Xtrordinair, Avalon, Lopi, Jotul, Rais, Valor, Morso, Scan, Stoll, Pilgrim, Regency, Vermont Castings and Homesaver....

Umthun Construction

We are a small buisness that has a personel touch. We have 4 employees that are curtious, trustwearthy and will be on the job everyday. We can do everything except lay carpet and HVAC but have very repitable buisnesses that we use for this. We take nothing up front so you pay as you go on every project.

10/11/2018

Scheduled the appointment 3 weeks in advance, took the morning off of work to be home for service. Representative from the organization called AT THE TIME they were scheduled to arrive, not only to tell me that they wouldn't be able to make the service appointment, but they wouldn't be able to perform the service. Unacceptable. Poor way to do business.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Needed a simple gas fireplace cleaning

CATEGORY fireplaces

We would love to be able to service all the folks that request it. Our company is small and must focus on the products we sell. Our office person scheduled service for fireplaces not installed by us which is not our policy. When the service technician got strep throat I knew his work would be back 2-3 days. I asked the office person to convey that to Mr. [Member Name Removed]. We are scheduled int...

12/15/2016

I want to preface this with when we initially purchased our fire place insert, the owner and employees were friendly and professional. Installation was quick and the installers made sure we knew the best practices when lighting and maintaining a fire. The reason I am writing this review with one star is that we asked to have a screen put on the top of the chimney. We were talked out of doing that ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Hired to install new insert in a 100+ year old fireplace.

CATEGORY fireplaces

04/16/2015

They did a very good job and took care of everything so that there is no mess when they clean the chimney.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
They cleaned my chimney and replace the spark raster.

CATEGORY chimney sweep,fireplaces

07/14/2014

The service providers arrived on time and were very professional.  They took care to protect the floor while they were cleaning the chimney, and cleaned up when they were done.  I also asked their advice about replacing the fireplace insert since I was selling the house - the advice offered was thoughtful and geared toward my best interests, rather than just trying to sell me something.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Removed a large wood-burning fireplace insert and cleaned the chimney.

CATEGORY chimney sweep,fireplaces

Dear [member name removed]-Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful report. We will do our best to keep our quality high. Please contact us if there are any problems.

04/14/2014

These folks are professionals - from the nice person who answers the phone to the gentleman who did the repair work at my home. I will definitely use them again should the need arise.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Repaired and sealed the outside of the chimney and fixed the damper mechanism.

CATEGORY chimney repair,fireplaces

Outdoor & indoor-fireplaces, stoves & gas lines. Chimney sweeping. Fireplace & stove accessories.

N/A