Nu-Life Cabinets

Founded 1974 • Angie's List since August 2010

We are a family owned and family run business since 1974. We are not a franchise which in turn keeps your prices affordable. All estimates are free and we have a moving showroom brought right to your front door. So there is no wondering if a pattern or color will work in your home. We strive to be the best in our industry in offering you up to date and timely services that are affordable....

Umthun Construction

We are a small buisness that has a personel touch. We have 4 employees that are curtious, trustwearthy and will be on the job everyday. We can do everything except lay carpet and HVAC but have very repitable buisnesses that we use for this. We take nothing up front so you pay as you go on every project.

03/29/2016

Ray was a contractor. He made two visits to our home to discuss our goals gather into & discuss options. Everyone from the drywall guy to the men who did our count tops & cabinets were professional, friendly & considerate of our space & protecting the hard wood under their feet! Always use “yes ma’am” & please & thank you!

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Refaced kitchen cabinet, built new ones to accommodate, new built in microwave & new pantry to give refrigerator a built in look. Also, new counter tops (granite) back splash of tumbled travertine. Redesigned island to one level, from two & new counter tops.

CATEGORY countertops,cabinet refacing

02/15/2016

Signed contract in July.  Started work in mid September on exact date promised.  Completed all work in four days, beating the estimated schedule of five days.  Careful considerate and polite workers.  Good dust control inside our home.  Very good workmanship and quality materials throughout.  Creative problem solvers with several difficult existing kitchen cabinet details.  Quality of new cabinet ...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
reface all kitchen cabinets.  new cabinet doors.

CATEGORY custom cabinets,cabinet refacing

05/02/2015

I obviously did NOT call him to come do the work.  I'm pretty sure I'd still be calling and trying to get him to respond to my calls for the job......

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
I called Raymond to come out and look at installing some countertops for me in a kitchen I was having remodeled by another contractor.  When Raymond arrived he pointed out multiple things wrong that my contractor had done.  I was suspicious that the remodel was not being done properly so Raymond mainly confirmed my suspicions.  He told me that if I wanted  them to come out and fix/finish the project instead of just the countertops they would be happy to do so.  He seemed extremely knowledgable about the issues at hand and stated that he felt discusted that someone could do such a horrible job and charge me professional rates.  He stated that he could get me an estimate on what it would take to finish/fix the kitchen.  He took multiple pictures of the kitchen while he was there so he could send me an estimate.  After not recieving the estimate,  I attempted to get a hold of him multiple times (approx. 9 phone calls) and left messages that I wanted the estimate for the kitchen remodel.  It even got to the point that I would ask the women answering the phone if there was a specific reason he was not returning my calls.   I told her that if he didn't want to do the job, that was fine, just let me know.  She would state that there were no such issues she would have him call me.  After not reaching him by phone, I sent a message via Angie's list and I still could not get a response.   I then remembered that he had left a buisness card so I found the card and sent him messages via email.  I finally got a response, recieved an estimate that was not even for the right work I needed done.  So I emailed him again and he sent me an estimate that was poorly prepared at best.  The messages that he sent were short and unprofessional, they portrayed someone that really did not want the job.  He never once apoligized for not returning my calls,didn't give me an explanation, or for me having to go through multiple channels to get a response from him.

CATEGORY countertops,cabinet refacing

01/26/2015

The Nu-Life crew was great-on time, courteous, professional, and did great work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Cabinet resurfacing, custom cabinet build and install.

CATEGORY custom cabinets,cabinet refacing

We thank you for the opportunity to come to your home and do this remodel. You were a pleasure to work for. Enjoy it for many years! Ray & Nu-Life Crew

11/13/2014

Ray's staff was very nice to work with. Overall I'm very pleased with the project. They were short a handle for one of the cabinets and it took a long time to get one.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Built and installed new cabinets for my bathroom

CATEGORY custom cabinets

This was an enjoyable project to work on. We appreciate you choosing Nu-Life and hope you will enjoy it for many years! Thanks, Ray

We offer Cabinet Refacing, New Cabinets, Countertops of all types, Tile installation, Kitchen and Bathroom Remodeling. We have our own shop to build and finish your product.

ask for details